Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I compare the price of a 4 Door Sasquatch Black Diamond with a 4 Door Sasquatch Badlands, this is what the difference appears to be:
  • Badlands includes sway bar disconnect - Sounds cool and is fun to talk about, but I'll probably never need this feature.
  • Badlands includes LED Headlamps w/Signture Lighting - I prefer the signature lighting, but I wouldn't pay a lot for it.
  • Badlands is $3250 more.
There are a number of differences between the BD and BL, but once you add squatch, most of the differences go away. Am I missing something? If not, that seems like a lot for those to upgrades.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I often disconnect the sway bar on my Jeep (manually) and it makes even light off roading a lot more enjoyable. I feel like this feature is actually underrated. You don't need it by any means, but it softens the ride tremendously.

If you don't care for the sway bar disconnect and you aren't going above the Mid Package, I don't really see a reason to get the Badlands. If you aren't planning on the Sasquatch Package, then I would definitely go Badlands.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You also have front lockers on the BL

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

reviewing the comparison chart again, BL comes standard with the advanced auto 4x4 vs the part time.
Correct, but this is also something that is included with sasquatch. I change my mind every day, but at this point, I'm leaning toward BD. If I ever decide I want/need the swaybar disconnect, I can go the manual route or perhaps there will be an aftermarket solution.

Thanks for your input. Given my non-negotiables of 4dr squatch, and that mid is sufficient, I'm looking for thoughts as to why BL is worth the extra cost.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct, but this is also something that is included with sasquatch. I change my mind every day, but at this point, I'm leaning toward BD. If I ever decide I want/need the swaybar disconnect, I can go the manual route or perhaps there will be an aftermarket solution.

Thanks for your input. Given my non-negotiables of 4dr squatch, and that mid is sufficient, I'm looking for thoughts as to why BL is worth the extra cost.
I did not mean to post that part about the 4x4 just forgot to delete it after reading the chart ?‍♂

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me the battle between BD and BL is all about the signature lights & and the ability to upgrade to a package higher than mid. If you don’t care about those things than it really comes down to what interior you like the best, really. Also the grill and headlights give each vehicle a different look, so which look strikes you the best?

21A013CF-1B6E-424A-8C61-6A25E0D5B67D.png

D840C634-287C-4A19-9150-B8616778EFA2.jpeg

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
BL has high def instrumention, BD doesn’t. Haven’t been able to see the difference In pics on the forum. Every time that question is asked peeps post about how they want/like/wish for the analog dials etc. But nobody has been able to show what the difference is.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Better transfer case Lower gears
Better instrument panel
Sway bar disconnect
LED Headlamps w/Signature Lighting
Ability to get high & Lux options

Sponsored
OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me the battle between BD and BL is all about the signature lights & and the ability to upgrade to a package higher than mid. If you don’t care about those things than it really comes down to what interior you like the best, really. Also the grill and headlights give each vehicle a different look, so which look strikes you the best?
I agree. For me, mid is fine. I like the signature headlights but not enough to justify the cost.
Better transfer case Lower gears
Better instrument panel
Doesn't sasquatch include the same gears? I'd be interested to see the differences in the instrument panel but doubt that would be a big difference for me.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BL has high def instrumention, BD doesn’t. Haven’t been able to see the difference In pics on the forum. Every time that question is asked peeps post about how they want/like/wish for the analog dials etc. But nobody has been able to show what the difference is.
I feel like I saw this somewhere (video), but I could never find it again. If the instrumentation is different, people are going to freak out. I’ll be back to the drawing board. Is there any way to get confirmation on this? HELP!

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, here’s Ford’s description comparison for the display..... I’m nervous.

A3BAE595-1C02-42EE-92B3-FF4669CC2AF8.png

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one has seen the upgraded instrument panel. I would imagine it is all digital just like every other Ford.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. For me, mid is fine. I like the signature headlights but not enough to justify the cost.

Doesn't sasquatch include the same gears? I'd be interested to see the differences in the instrument panel but doubt that would be a big difference for me.
Not in the transfer case. 2.72 vs 3.06
Sponsored