Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok assuming you get the Sasquatch on either, here's what stands out as the differences between the base and BD:
  • White letters on the grill
  • Bumper and rock rails (can be added to base a la carte)
  • Leather wheel and shifter (aftermarket
  • Extra color and mid package options
  • MGV seats and washout floors
  • A handle in the center console
  • Blue accents
Am I missing anything? If you are ok without the mid package, it sounds like you're paying about 6k (difference minus cost of a la carte bumper and rails) for a leather wheel, white bronco letters, MGV with washout floors, and blue accents with an extra handle. Unless you absolutely need that washout interior, I don't know if it's worth it.

Having a hard look at the Base and as much as I like the area 51, I'm having a hard time saying no to a VB Base fully loaded for 40k. What am I missing?
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base does not have privacy glass on the clamshell.
No fog lights on the base, does BD have them? I’m not that familiar with it.
You can’t upgrade to Mid/High/Lux on the base.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not much, I was only planning on going black diamond no squatch to have a stick shift with rear locker. But if you squatch the BD you can upgrade to the mid package for $-100 for some reason. Then I found out BB can do everything a BD can minus vinyl seats for only a couple hundred less or a few hundred more for the light upgrade. AND THEN I just saw bad lands has front and rear lockers, upgraded suspension, 4.7 gear ratio with a manual trans for 4K more than a fully decked out base model squatch. Trying to keep my payments around $500 with 20k down.

OP
OP
elseminoleguapo

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The base does not have privacy glass on the clamshell.
No fog lights on the base, does BD have them? I’m not that familiar with it.
You can’t upgrade to Mid/High/Lux on the base.
No for lamps on the modular bumper, so no. Tints are about $250 on everything except the front windshield. I would be tinting the door windows regardless.

OP
OP
elseminoleguapo

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not much, I was only planning on going black diamond no squatch to have a stick shift with rear locker. But if you squatch the BD you can upgrade to the mid package for $-100 for some reason. Then I found out BB can do everything a BD can minus vinyl seats for only a couple hundred less or a few hundred more for the light upgrade. AND THEN I just saw bad lands has front and rear lockers, upgraded suspension, 4.7 gear ratio with a manual trans for 4K more than a fully decked out base model squatch. Trying to keep my payments around $500 with 20k down.
Badlands would be quite a bit more with the options I'm looking at. You're getting more there with the headlights and tails lights and a nicer grill at least. Disco also, but I don't need that.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The center handle is another omission that has me scratching my head. I’m definitely adding that back in myself.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been toying with a Sasquatched 2 Dr Base build in Oxford White or Velocity Blue and making it an Aftermarket playground, since it's pretty much a blank canvase. (probably not the best description, but I'm drawing a blank on something better at the moment)

The windows would be tinted, and I already got an estimate price for Ceramic window tint based off a 2 door JL.

Rocksliders, bash plates and both bumpers with something more sturdy, functional and visually appealing. (to me at least) The wait for Aftermarket to catch up is the only downside.

The seats would be recovered in Katzkin leather once (if) it becomes available. (I realize leather on a Base may be a bit over the top)

Interior center grab handle would end up being a factory (once available) or aftermarket (if ever available)

I actually like the Base grill design, but won't rule out an Aftermarket if it looks good, and the same applies to the wheel flares. I can live with the flares for now.

There's more, but that gives an idea of my train of thought at the moment, since I'm not a fan of some of the interior color choices on the upper model trim/s.

Last edited:

PDXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To the OP...I was just thinking the same thing. I've been configuring on the lower end of the Bronco spectrum as this will be a "fun" third car. So I'm looking at the Base, perhaps stretching in to the BD. I do some off-roading and like the idea of at least a rear locker, so Squatching the Base is the only option there. A BD (no Squatch) is roughly $1,500 more than a Squatched Base with steel bumpers and rock rails. Then, adding Squatch to the BD increases the price difference to $7,000 for a Squatched Base with steel bumpers, rock rails, and accessory switches, versus a Squatched BD. That's quite a difference, and the only thing I'm really getting for that is the MGV interior with rubber floors (which I really want). Too bad they don't offer MGV / rubber on the Base. Needless to say, this is an interesting pricing strategy.

OP
OP
elseminoleguapo

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Needless to say, this is an interesting pricing strategy.
Ford Bronco Base vs. BD Screenshot_20201027-190140

Under 40k with the 2.7... Tough to beat.

"But no heated seats and dual zone climate." Meh, who cares? It's a bronco.
Sponsored