First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d say the wait for the 4WP items to become available is worse than actually waiting on the Bronco itself ha. That frame is going to be a really nice upgrade.
I'm holding out for it, but I am curious at the noise levels. The Bronco is already a flat faced beast, so I'm expecting quite a lot of wind noise.
Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm holding out for it, but I am curious at the noise levels. The Bronco is already a flat faced beast, so I'm expecting quite a lot of wind noise.
I'm also curious to see what's the noise levels are like but it's definitely not a deal-breaker for me. I haven't really owned any luxury vehicles that were heavily insulated for sound. My old work truck was a rag-top wrangler and I would say the nicest vehicle I've had is my current 2018 VW Tiguan which has a roof made out of aluminum foil - when raindrops hit it, it sounds like a golf ball is impacting the roof at terminal velocity. But I'm all for function over eardrums.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything but the very lightest roof top tents plus 2 relatively small people is going to exceed the load ratings for the factory rails and top. There's probably a better than average chance that Rhino will offer their Backbone system for the Bronco like they do the Wrangler (at least for the 4-door) which reinforces the top from inside for a more respectable capacity. I emailed them awhile back but they weren't ready to commit to it then. The other options are the exoskeleton type racks that mount to the body/bumpers.
Sponsored