Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, so I was able to order roof rails for my SAS Bronco that "couldn't" come with them from the factory, from my dealer. But they had a strange question... They asked which ones, the Off Road Rails or the Standard Rails.

I didn't realize there would be a difference, and still don't know what the difference is.
Please inform us the part number and price you'll pay . . . I need to order the rails too, because I FORGOT to include them when I changed my order a bit at preview! I now have a build date and a VIN, and neither the dealer nor I dare mess with my build date over a set of roof racks!

I, too, am unaware of different types of roof OEM roof rails mentioned by your dealer. There are lots of styles of racks and crossbars that fit on the roof rack, however, that are in the accessories catalogue. Its my Understanding, as others have said, that the OEM rails come from the Ford Parts Department, not the accessory catalog.

OP
OP

esquirebdc

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please inform us the part number and price you'll pay . . . I need to order the rails too, because I FORGOT to include them when I changed my order a bit at preview! I now have a build date and a VIN, and neither the dealer nor I dare mess with my build date over a set of roof racks!

I, too, am unaware of different types of roof OEM roof rails mentioned by your dealer. There are lots of styles of racks and crossbars that fit on the roof rack, however, that are in the accessories catalogue. Its my Understanding, as others have said, that the OEM rails come from the Ford Parts Department, not the accessory catalog.
If I get an answer I will most certainly post it. I was just confused and he seemed pretty certain that these were "rails" and not cross members. I don't care if I have to wait, I just want the rails obviously.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Participated in the best commercial for HK ever.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fd0bd0ao5untz.jpg
If someone told me to do this OP today with an SMG without a last round bolt hold open, a teeny tiny mag well, and that optic… all while wearing that gas mask… I’d tell them to go do something inappropriate with their hat.

My how far we’ve come.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If someone told me to do this OP today with an SMG without a last round bolt hold open, a teeny tiny mag well, and that optic… all while wearing that gas mask… I’d tell them to go do something inappropriate with their hat.

My how far we’ve come.
Give me an MP7 with a T-1 and I'll wear anything you want.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get an answer I will most certainly post it. I was just confused and he seemed pretty certain that these were "rails" and not cross members. I don't care if I have to wait, I just want the rails obviously.
They are most likely not the rails. You might've missed my previous post:
There's two things that he could've ordered. Neither are what you want.

1. Some dealerships have "off-road" and "Standard" Yakima cross bars listed. Presumably the "off-road" ones are the HD crossbars.

2. Or it could be the OEM cross bars for the Bronco sport. There's a version for the Badlands and FE ("off-road"), and another version for the other trims (standard).

As far as I can tell, the Bronco roof rails, the ones that a lot of us want, are not in any system yet. Only the additional crossbar for the factory rails is available so far.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My how far we’ve come.
Agreed. I may have grabbed this picture wrong as the real raid they had mag lights taped on it like this & was just a thrust it out and spray. The movie 6 Days was a pretty accurate portrayal. I remember seeing an old interview with John McAleese talking about the raid decades ago.
Ford Bronco SAS Bronco Roof Rails... porady%2F10291015494%2Ffoto09%2F210382547970001_02
Sponsored