Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am new here and placed an order for a base 2 door 2.3 auto two days ago, and was told by the dealer that roof rails were not an option that is available.

When I use the online Ford builder, you can easily add them for a few hundred bucks. I did not believe him, so I called another dealership and was told basically the same thing. They said the roof rails were a commodity that is in short supply and that roof rails were not available for any of the trim levels currently. He stated this took effect within the past week or so.
Have any of you heard of this? Roof rails will be much needed in the future, and the only aftermarket ones I have found available currently are over 2k dollars. Even the stock ones through the dealer are about 1k if ordered through parts.
Sponsored

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cant help with the roof racks, but make sure you order the aux gauges.

OP
OP

ericj1800

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes I did add the aux switches as that will definitely make life easier in the future. I also added the keyless code entry option. Other than that I didn't add any other options, but I wish my budget would have allowed for the lockers however I couldn't justify the cost of the package upgrade just for that. I don't plan on heavy off roading, but maybe in the future I will add an arb kit or swap the rear from a wrecked one if I need it.

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered mine with roof racks but it’s not showing up on my window sticker. I’ve been looking for alternate solutions to carry my kayaks. Found something called a vertiyak but you have to have the tow package for it.

https://vertiyak.com/products/vertiyak

I might just order that instead.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer took the tow off and when I checked the roof rack was off also. I’ll put a hitch and a four pin on. The aftermarket is starting to come up to speed. I’m looking at a rack from BadAss tents. Looks nicer than the ford rack. We’ll see.

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered them with my Wildtrak and shows in my VIN tracker photo.

OP
OP

ericj1800

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer took the tow off and when I checked the roof rack was off also. I’ll put a hitch and a four pin on. The aftermarket is starting to come up to speed. I’m looking at a rack from BadAss tents. Looks nicer than the ford rack. We’ll see.
I was looking at their site, but didn't see a 2 door option. I may message them and see if they plan to do one in the future.

I ordered them with my Wildtrak and shows in my VIN tracker photo.
How long ago did you order your rig?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you need Ford roof rails and can wait on build, order them. Removing constrained items can push up the build but any accessory ordered with the vehicle carries same warranty

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can’t speak to the two door, but I was able to get them on my 4 door basesquatch that just delivered this week. I can say seeing the first time in person, they are far more substantial than I thought they would be.

My experience, yours may be different - adding things after the fact can be far more expensive than adding through B&P.

I only added the things I couldn’t live without and that I thought would be cost-prohibitive to add later on.

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am new here and placed an order for a base 2 door 2.3 auto two days ago, and was told by the dealer that roof rails were not an option that is available.

When I use the online Ford builder, you can easily add them for a few hundred bucks. I did not believe him, so I called another dealership and was told basically the same thing. They said the roof rails were a commodity that is in short supply and that roof rails were not available for any of the trim levels currently. He stated this took effect within the past week or so.
Have any of you heard of this? Roof rails will be much needed in the future, and the only aftermarket ones I have found available currently are over 2k dollars. Even the stock ones through the dealer are about 1k if ordered through parts.
Basically the only way to get them is to order them from the start on your build. I received my bronco in December and removed them hoping it would cause less of a delay and then purchase them afterwards from dealer.... Well thats not going to happen. It is not an option as of now but should be "in the future"
Sponsored