Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a response today from RTR, looks like they'll send me a replacement hub. Also, they pointed out that I should not use the splined lug-nuts with the stock wheels.
Let me make sure I understand, use only the black lug nuts from RTR that come in the kit?

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me make sure I understand, use only the black lug nuts from RTR that come in the kit?
No, the opposite, I was told to use the stock lug-nuts with stock wheels. Apparently the size of the splined lug-nuts is why they told me to use the stock ones. The splined are smaller than the stock ones.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my carrier and really like it but have a few complaints. Does yours hit the body at the hinge area if you open the tailgate all the way (I noticed before I actually hit the body). I ditched those lug nuts. Never been a fan of them and since they didn’t come with the special socket I’m not buying one. Also had some issues with cheap hardware breaking on the hi lift mount and not sure I like how the antenna mounts are designed (probably gonna modify them).
Sorry if this was mentioned before but you should have also purchased the tailgate adjustable gas strut so the door doesnt open past 90 degrees.

Sponsored

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this was mentioned before but you should have also purchased the tailgate adjustable gas strut so the door doesnt open past 90 degrees.
I ended up ordering it later on, just had to wait for it to come back in stock. Someone I didn’t notice that back when I ordered the tire carrier. And mine will go well past 90, just not as far as before.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up ordering it later on, just had to wait for it to come back in stock. Someone I didn’t notice that back when I ordered the tire carrier. And mine will go well past 90, just not as far as before.
Yeah I just got all my parts in, I think you can adjust it to past 90 and just before it hits anything haha. I'd just caution that if you add anything (like jerry cans or recovery boards) make sure to adjust the end point again if needed.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had an issue puttin the OEM sasquatch wheels onto the RTR spare tire post? I can't get the wheel past the two screws that mount the camera on the bottom of the post.

Ford Bronco Be careful with your RTR Spare Tire Carrier 1675665736374

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had an issue puttin the OEM sasquatch wheels onto the RTR spare tire post? I can't get the wheel past the two screws that mount the camera on the bottom of the post.

Ford Bronco Be careful with your RTR Spare Tire Carrier 1675665736374
No issues for me with the OEM Squatch wheels.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues for me with the OEM Squatch wheels.
Hmm so weird, I'm thinking to myself am I just going crazy or....

I literally just removed the two screws, put the wheel on and then put the screws back on lol.

If at all possible, do you mind taking a picture of how much clearance you have between the post and wheel's hub bore?

Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I literally just removed the two screws, put the wheel on and then put the screws back on lol.

If at all possible, do you mind taking a picture of how much clearance you have between the post and wheel's hub bore?
I have the exact same issue. I was doing this myself and worked to get the wheel on for a few minutes and was finally able to finagle it on (while scratching the camera mount quite badly).

I thought to myself, this was VERY difficult to get on, how hard is it to get off? I can't get it off.

I contacted RTR and their engineering is working on a fix. I'm expecting to hear something either today or tomorrow and will let you know. In the meantime, I'd email them to let them know you're having the same issue.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the exact same issue. I was doing this myself and worked to get the wheel on for a few minutes and was finally able to finagle it on (while scratching the camera mount quite badly).

I thought to myself, this was VERY difficult to get on, how hard is it to get off? I can't get it off.

I contacted RTR and their engineering is working on a fix. I'm expecting to hear something either today or tomorrow and will let you know. In the meantime, I'd email them to let them know you're having the same issue.
I just had to get the tire on for the time being, I live in an apartment complex so I was tired of just throwing the tire in the back of the cargo area.

I just heard back as I'm reading your post and they are forwarding my email to engineering as well. LMK what they say if you hear back first.

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is currently in the shop for repairs, but as soon as I get it back have a chance I will do so. I've also received a replacement hub carrier from RTR since I had the stud issue, I'll be curious to see if there is any difference between the two.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hell if anything, instead of using screws for the camera, pop a couple of rivets in there and be good to go.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell if anything, instead of using screws for the camera, pop a couple of rivets in there and be good to go.
Shoot that might not even work haha. I'd still have to tilt the tire just to get it over the rivets. You'd be surprised how little space there is.
Sponsored