Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish I could get Sasquatch without beadlock - capable.

I think the beauty ring looks stupid. Looks like a fake beadlock.

I know it has a function: to "protect the threaded holes" - but whatever it looks more like those douchey rims with the fasteners all the way around for bling .

Like what even IS this....
I know what it isnt, a beadlock - so....its a pretty ring.
Now I am stuck with 3 colors on my wheels?
I just want wheels - these dont seem "honest"

1612220264434.png
Okay so have them painted? Get different wheels? Don’t get Sasquatch package? Many solutions available to you as a consumer.

Many of us are excited to use them as removable rash rings (this area of the wheel takes the majority of rock hits) that can be touched up or replaced when they get too gouged out.

Not understanding why some are complaining about Ford offering something as a part of a package that you used to have to spend a lot of money to buy extra.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay so have them painted? Get different wheels? Don’t get Sasquatch package? Many solutions available to you as a consumer.

Many of us are excited to use them as removable rash rings (this area of the wheel takes the majority of rock hits) that can be touched up or replaced when they get too gouged out.

Not understanding why some are complaining about Ford offering something as a part of a package that you used to have to spend a lot of money to buy extra.
I want sasquach
I dont want "rash rings" - they may serve a function for you - but for me my off-roading is not about rocks.
I would appreciate a choice of a normal wheel when ordering sasquach. Not be forced into a "rash ring" - I think it looks like a fake beadlock
I dont want the hastle of buying aftermarket wheels, then trying to sell the wheels that came with it on Craigslist...

• Haha
Reactions: RG7

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want sasquach
I dont want "rash rings" - they may serve a function for you - but for me my off-roading is not about rocks.
I would appreciate a choice of a normal wheel when ordering sasquach. Not be forced into a "rash ring" - I think it looks like a fake beadlock
I dont want the hastle of buying aftermarket wheels, then trying to sell the wheels that came with it on Craigslist...
The beadlock ring uses the same bolts holes that these rings are attached with. They could have left them off with the threaded holes and lip exposed but then people would complain that it looks ugly and unfinished.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that a thing?
"Rash Rings"
I think my wifes car needs those for parallels parking.
...rash rings...too funny

They look like poser beadlocks
Im not saying I need or want beadlocks - I wish I could order sasquach without beadlock capable becasue I will likely never air down low enough to need them.
I just want a normal honest rim - so I dont look like a faker on the road.

I guess I could always install actual beadlock rings on my beadlock capable wheels - at least then its an honest usage. but why in the heck would I do that

You dont need beadlock capable or beadlock wheels to want / need big tires
Seriously think you're over thinking it. Who cares what people think. You're getting a capable vehicle from the manufacturer with a warranty. It looks freaking awesome. Our problem is that we've been waiting so long for the vehicle that we are now over critical on the smallest detail. Just get the trim you like and over time you can make the minor adjustments to make it fit your usage/liking. We shouldn't want the Bronco to be perfect, I just want it to be mine! to do that, you embrace the "fun" of changing out wheels/tires/grills/handles/bumpers ... or whatever floats your Bronco...I mean boat :) 🚣

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The beadlock ring uses the same bolts holes that these rings are attached with. They could have left them off with the threaded holes and lip exposed but then people would complain that it looks ugly and unfinished.
Yes I get that
And they could have filled up all the holes with nuts - but that would also look bad
probably worse than the "rash-rings"....

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want sasquach
Maybe you should not go Sas or get a jeep lol

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously think you're over thinking it. Who cares what people think. You're getting a capable vehicle from the manufacturer with a warranty. It looks freaking awesome. Our problem is that we've been waiting so long for the vehicle that we are now over critical on the smallest detail. Just get the trim you like and over time you can make the minor adjustments to make it fit your usage/liking. We shouldn't want the Bronco to be perfect, I just want it to be mine! to do that, you embrace the "fun" of changing out wheels/tires/grills/handles/bumpers ... or whatever floats your Bronco...I mean boat :) 🚣
Im not "over thinking" - thanks
Its completely normal to make a range of wheels available when specifying a vehicle in the $50-$60,000 range.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im not "over thinking" - thanks
Its completely normal to make a range of wheels available when specifying a vehicle in the $50-$60,000 range.
Yeah, you are overthinking it. Admitting it would be your first step toward recovery! hahaha

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, you are overthinking it. Admitting it would be your first step toward recovery! hahaha
Don't mind the OP.

He routinely shares his opinions in the form of questions, and then argues with everyone who responds.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't mind the OP.

He routinely shares his opinions in the form of questions, and then argues with everyone who responds.
GOOD POINT! just call me "clickbait Lorenzo" ;*)
You can call it arguing, I thought it was a conversation.
I havent read a single post on this board that wasnt an opinion

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im happy you are happy with the range of wheels offered for Sas
I guess Defender has limited options too - so not every manufacturer needs to offer options
seems like most do though!

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if you are not planning to offroad ofthen where you are indeed airing down to gain more traction do not fiddle with the beadlock option.

1. tire shops hate beadlock wheels and most will refuse to mount and dismount them. take this hassle on at your own risk. i personally know friends in the industry and usually can gety into a shop to do my own mount and dismount of my wheels and tires.

2. beadlock wheels require more time to work on and maintain. you will also need to torque down to spec and re torque every first 100 mile, 500mile,1000 mile and 3000 mile to make sure they are torqued to spec and seated properly after each time the beadlock ring comes off or when you change tires. if you bolts show fatigue or wear you will want to change them out so they dont fail. i run arp stainless hardware on my wheels expensive but i dont have to change them out due to corrosion on zinc plated bolts.

Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels - Use Scenario? t4r6-92

Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels - Use Scenario? t4r6-9

Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels - Use Scenario? tf194

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone know what the Use Scenario would be for Beadlock Capable wheels?

1) Doing daily driving, I have my stock tires and beauty rings

2) Weekend: I want to go off road !

A) Go to a tire shop with my Beadlock Rings, pay them to:

1) Remove beauty rings
2) Unseat the tire
3) Install the Beadlock ring
4) Re-inflate - then I drive to the trailhead
5) Deflate / Play
6) Re-inflate
7) Drive back to the tire shop
8) Remove Beadlock Rings
9) Remount tire on rim
10) Inflate
11) Reinstall beauty ring

B) Do the same as above but with 4 actual off-road tires you take with you to the tire shop...

C) Buy this and do most of the steps at home on your own.... realistic?
** Do people take these manual tire changers - to the trailhead??

Bead lock capable wheels are not really something you want to use as bead locks for the weekend and and non bead locks during the week. It's best to run them full time full time one way or the other.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you are not planning to offroad ofthen where you are indeed airing down to gain more traction do not fiddle with the beadlock option.

1. tire shops hate beadlock wheels and most will refuse to mount and dismount them. take this hassle on at your own risk. i personally know friends in the industry and usually can gety into a shop to do my own mount and dismount of my wheels and tires.

2. beadlock wheels require more time to work on and maintain. you will also need to torque down to spec and re torque every first 100 mile, 500mile,1000 mile and 3000 mile to make sure they are torqued to spec and seated properly after each time the beadlock ring comes off or when you change tires. if you bolts show fatigue or wear you will want to change them out so they dont fail. i run arp stainless hardware on my wheels expensive but i dont have to change them out due to corrosion on zinc plated bolts.

good lord I never liked the look of bead lock until i saw these - sweet
Sponsored