BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like how low -- before you need beadlocks?
20psi?
Is there a general rule for activity / psi?

Sand : 15-20 psi (NO BEADLOCK REQUIRED)
Mud : 10-15 psi (NO BEADLOCK REQUIRED)
Rock Hopping : 5-10 psi (NEED BEADLOCK)
I run 15psi on the trails and over rocks with not beadlocks. There are plenty of Jeep guys that go lower than that. I like the idea of the beadlock capable wheels simply because of the beauty rings and being able to swap them out or paint them if when they get to beat-up.
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe you "need" them. Based on my trim ........

Nobody has mentioned this in the thread yet, but you actually can't do A in your list above unless they actually will work with beadlock wheels, and that is certianly not many locations.....
Both entirely true, indeed.

But, some may be missing the picture here. Ford is offering hardcore accessories direct from the factory with warranty. Holy crap! This is the biggest news in this segment since the release of the Rubicon jeep in '03. Beats the hell out of buying a vehicle, instantly stripping it, and replacing brand new factory parts. 13 years ago I bought a brand new Rubicon and spend $10K on parts before I even seen it in person. (sounded like a lot more money back then....)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Both entirely true, indeed.

But, some may be missing the picture here. Ford is offering hardcore accessories direct from the factory with warranty. Holy crap! This is the biggest news in this segment since the release of the Rubicon jeep in '03. Beats the hell out of buying a vehicle, instantly stripping it, and replacing brand new factory parts. 13 years ago I bought a brand new Rubicon and spend $10K on parts before I even seen it in person. (sounded like a lot more money back then....)
Do you mean the aesthetic designs? Because, absolutely...

Do you mean the actual rim technology?
Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels - Use Scenario? Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 17.10.25

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels - Use Scenario? giphy[1]

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you mean the aesthetic designs? Because, absolutely...

Do you mean the actual rim technology?
Thank you! and yeah, I meant the technology. There is no reason for Ford to change design with the Bronco.

After looking at the image a while one thing sprang to mind. The rims are 8.5" wide, not great but sure beats 7 and will fit 37". The design in bead lock mode looks like it makes the effective width ~9.5"........which is Freakin' awesome.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to test the squatch tire/wheel combo at 2-4 psi. If it holds well, then I run 'em as is. If I have problems, I'll beadlock. I'll be happy to not have to buy full wheels.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about just getting beadLOOKS? Problem solved. Heavy wheel not really capable other than fooling some people.

I personally would be embarrassed to run beadlooks (I'm getting true beadlocks despite cost, weight, and the rare chance I really need them while off roading).

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the thing though, I don't think it's impressive bead locks are being offered. That is the point of Ford's marketing department though, to make consumers think, or "buy" into (with real money) that it's amazing that a factory vehicle is being offered with rock crawling technology, and the ability air down to incredibly low pressures.

If no one really "needs" it, but someone is going to purchase that option, then the marketing team has done their job well. It's not amazing or incredible though, because it's really meaningless (to the consumer) in the grand scheme of things. We're buying into the "hype". Just like "modular". At the virtual SEMA show, they used the word modular over 895,000 times (not really, but it was a lot), and immediately after that the number of threads with the word modular went up dramatically. It's a marketing "term" to get the consumer excited about something they'll (almost) never use.

Anyway, the bead lock "capable" wheels will almost never be used, but when they are, I hope people understand what they are doing. It's cool, but you can still lose an "inside" bead, and you need to watch the inch pounds.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^^^^ There are millions of 4 dr Rubicon Wranglers delivering kids to the soccer field every day in 'merica. Nothing new. In this segment "hype" is sold, Jeep Subaru and now Ford has joined the game. At least their offering is actually capable. Not everyone can afford a dedicated purpose vehicle.

Thank your god everyday that Ford did not "blazer" the Bronco.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I could get Sasquatch without beadlock - capable.

I think the beauty ring looks stupid. Looks like a fake beadlock.

I know it has a function: to "protect the threaded holes" - but whatever it looks more like those douchey rims with the fasteners all the way around for bling .

Like what even IS this....
I know what it isnt, a beadlock - so....its a pretty ring.
Now I am stuck with 3 colors on my wheels?
I just want wheels - these dont seem "honest"

Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels - Use Scenario? 1612220264434

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I could get Sasquatch without beadlock - capable.

I think the beauty ring looks stupid. Looks like a fake beadlock.

I know it has a function: to "protect the threaded holes" - but whatever it looks more like those douchey rims with the fasteners all the way around for bling .

Like what even IS this....
I know what it isnt, a beadlock - so....its a pretty ring.
Now I am stuck with 3 colors on my wheels?
I just want wheels - these dont seem "honest"

Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels - Use Scenario? 1612220264434
Don't think of them as "fake" bead locks... think of them as removable/replaceable rash rings.

You can go wheeling and scrape your wheels against rocks, and then just remove the rings to recondition or repaint them... without damaging the actual wheel.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all due respect to the higher ups, the bead lock "capable" wheels are a marketing tool. It is not a legitimate feature or option.

If you are going to run the rig on road you don't need/want bead locks. If you're going to run off road, you need them very very seldom, almost never. A person that really needs bead locks, and doesn't just want to have the "look" of bead locks, would just buy a second set of wheels, the wheels they want. There is no reason for a big-3 manufacturer to offer bead lock capable wheels except as a marketing "gimmick".
I would sort of add that if you're the type of wheeler that NEEDS to run bead locks, then you're running at least a 37" tire and way more aggressive tires than you would on the street for daily driving.

In my opinion, they're a marketing gimmick. I hear so many people say that you can't put 35's on a BD cause you'll void your warranty or if you get in wreck you'll be liable cause you put an "oversize" tire on the car. And at the same time say they need a SAS cause of the bead locks, WTF? maybe they don't understand that bead locks aren't DOT approved?

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't think of them as "fake" bead locks... think of them as removable/replaceable rash rings.

You can go wheeling and scrape your wheels against rocks, and then just remove the rings to recondition or repaint them... without damaging the actual wheel.
Is that a thing?
"Rash Rings"
I think my wifes car needs those for parallels parking.
...rash rings...too funny

They look like poser beadlocks
Im not saying I need or want beadlocks - I wish I could order sasquach without beadlock capable becasue I will likely never air down low enough to need them.
I just want a normal honest rim - so I dont look like a faker on the road.

I guess I could always install actual beadlock rings on my beadlock capable wheels - at least then its an honest usage. but why in the heck would I do that

You dont need beadlock capable or beadlock wheels to want / need big tires
Sponsored