First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Changing the Goodyear MT to my favorite BFG k02 tires this weekend. Discount tire that I have had good luck with in the past. They changed 2 tires and called saying that the rings were chipping. To their credit they stopped and called me. This only happened on 2 out of 3 wheels. I told them to stop and after talking to them and the service manager at my ford dealer. I decided to take it to Ford. Because if it happens again it will be a warranty issue. Discount tire said that if Ford had no issues they would pay for repair, so this isn't a discount tire bashing thread. They use plastic covers to repair tools and everything. But this thread is about is - is this a known issue with the rings or not?

Ford Bronco Beadlock Ring Chipping with New Tires Attachment

Sponsored

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Changing the Goodyear MT to my favorite BFG k02 tires this weekend. Discount tire that I have had good luck with in the past. They changed 2 tires and called saying that the rings were chipping. To their credit they stopped and called me. This only happened on 2 out of 3 wheels. I told them to stop and after talking to them and the service manager at my ford dealer. I decided to take it to Ford. Because if it happens again it will be a warranty issue. Discount tire said that if Ford had no issues they would pay for repair, so this isn't a discount tire bashing thread. They use plastic covers to repair tools and everything. But this thread is about is - is this a known issue with the rings or not?

We apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look further in to this to make sure you're taken care of. Hope you don't mind us sending a DM.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you purchase the Bronco new? I'm just wondering if you had bought used if the previous owner painted/powder coated the bead lock rings, or if they were like that from the factory.

I had mine powder coated black and so far, no issues *knock on wood*

If for whatever reason this isn't covered under warranty, powder coating might be something to look at. It was only a few hundred bucks and has held up well thus far.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My tire shop removed the rings when mounting the tire on the wheel. I would think any good tire shop would know to do that.

OP
OP

thompsdw

Base
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My tire shop removed the rings when mounting the tire on the wheel. I would think any good tire shop would know to do that.
I asked this question for the remaining tires. But they said the rings were on so tight that they broke a Torx bit trying to remove them.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

thompsdw

Base
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you purchase the Bronco new? I'm just wondering if you had bought used if the previous owner painted/powder coated the bead lock rings, or if they were like that from the factory.

I had mine powder coated black and so far, no issues *knock on wood*

If for whatever reason this isn't covered under warranty, powder coating might be something to look at. It was only a few hundred bucks and has held up well thus far.
It was purchased new. It had the black on black gloss wheels and rings, so I don't think they were changed.