Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if those beauty rings are metal or plastic? If they're a type of plastic then plastidip is pretty much your only option or straight up paint.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the technique for plast dipping these things? Do you spray with them bolted in place? Or remove and spray them?
For those remove and spray. It's just like spray paint in a can, if taping off is an option that works too like on body panels etc.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those remove and spray. It's just like spray paint in a can, if taping off is an option that works too like on body panels etc.
Have you done something like this before? Is there concern for getting plasti dip in the holes? I would think the dip would get caught on the bolts on and start twisting and peeling when you tighten the bolts.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t stand the alloy look of the SAS beadlock ring. I know there are ‘beauty’ rings in the Ford accessory catalog, but are these the same as beadlock rings? I want either the wildtrack beadlock ring or the gunmetal grey from the non-SAS badlands. Think they will be a direct swap?

sorry if this has been answered. I searched for 10 minutes and couldn’t find anything definitive for the ‘beadlock’ ring.

6595E7D6-DB0D-4048-A942-B0FB952E8FAF.jpeg
I am getting mine powder coated in orange to match my BL accents (I am getting Carb Gray). I am a big fan of the CG against the orange.

Basically saying PC could be an option for ya :)

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im getting a Base Squatch.
so Im gonna take the rings off and Bead blast them, so the paint sticks, and paint them Gun metal Gray… then swap my Flares For BL/Base Flares, also
Sell the Wrangler Tires, and Get Nitto Ridge 12.5/17 instead of 315/70

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you done something like this before? Is there concern for getting plasti dip in the holes? I would think the dip would get caught on the bolts on and start twisting and peeling when you tighten the bolts.
On bolts no I have not. I would build a spray shield and redo each piece of hardware again after installation. It is a tougher product than most think though.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On bolts no I have not. I would build a spray shield and redo each piece of hardware again after installation. It is a tougher product than most think though.
I'm thinking in order to get the best results, remove the rings, Plug the holes, spray, install, mask the ring and spray again to cover the bolts and finish the holes.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m referring to the actual beadlocks. I want black real beadlocks, not beauty rings. Btw, couldn’t they come up with a better name than “beauty” rings? Rock rings or bash rings are two that come to mind with zero effort.
I like "rash rings"

But don't really mind that they're called beauty rings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you missed the title and first sentence, too.
I did not.

I was making fun of the discussion that unfolded after both of my initial posts regarding the options for aesthetics beauty ring replacements with additional beadlock content since that's where the conversation went.

Hence my "Since it looks like we’re talking about differences between the beauty and beadlocks:"

adam s

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platnum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrac appears to have black bead lock rings. Ill trade for the silver!!
Sponsored