First Name
HUNTER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Corvette stingray, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks @luptanpitman for the post. I went with BEHR Black Satin to try to match closer to the flares than to the wheel. Here is what I use/did:
  • Used 600 grid just to remove the shine, took my time.
Prep1.JPG
Prep2.JPG

• Used 2 cans of Behr Black Satin (at local Home Depot they had Gloss, Mate and Satin)
Paint.png

• I cleaned them with Windex just to remove all dust particles
  • First layer of paint was really light
  • wait 15min apply second medium layer, still not fully covered
  • wait 15min apply third medium layer and covered all surface completely
LastCoat.JPG

• wait 15min apply final coat.
I'm happy with the results, here are some pics.....next the emblem and sound!

Back.JPG

Final.JPG

Thanks everyone

Side2.JPG
Looks great!! I wish you were in Florida so you could do mine. Lol
Sponsored

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used a drill driver to get them mostly in and hand tightened with a 3/8 ratchet. Checked them all after a drive and seemed fine. Iā€™ll double check in a few days. Really happy with how it turned out. I was torn between black and carbonized but I think the gray captures the look of the optional badlands wheel without losing the design of the wheel to an all black appearance. I figured worst case I could always redo them black if I didnā€™t like gray but itā€™s staying as-is for sure.

0C9EF8A9-4789-44D3-ABEA-FC4F454283ED.jpeg
looks great, do you have any close ups of the wheels? also how well does it match the grill?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks @luptanpitman for the post. I went with BEHR Black Satin to try to match closer to the flares than to the wheel. Here is what I use/did:
  • Used 600 grit just to remove the shine, took my time.
Prep1.JPG
Prep2.JPG

• Used 2 cans of Behr Black Satin (at local Home Depot they had Gloss, Mate and Satin)
Paint.png

• I cleaned them with Windex just to remove all dust particles
  • First layer of paint was really light
  • wait 15min apply second medium layer, still not fully covered
  • wait 15min apply third medium layer and covered all surface completely
LastCoat.JPG

• wait 15min apply final coat.
I'm happy with the results, here are some pics.....next the emblem and sound!

Back.JPG

Final.JPG

Thanks everyone

Side2.JPG
Look great! I have a lot of paint experience as I was in sales calling on body shops for the last 20 years of my career at 3M but was lazy and had mine powder coated for $200. I did a titanium color but I love the black you used.

Ford Bronco DIY How-To: Painting Beadlock Wheel Beauty Ring From Silver to Black (on Badlands Sasquatch) B66F7B49-847D-4571-AB23-EEC8BBB70781

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm confused why Ford doesn't offer it standard as black? It does seem like most people would rather have it black and they offer it already in that configuration on one of the models. Maybe I'm missing something here and folks really like the contrast of the gray against the black, but I don't and will have to deal with one of the methods explained in this thread - annoying.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused why Ford doesn't offer it standard as black? It does seem like most people would rather have it black and they offer it already in that configuration on one of the models. Maybe I'm missing something here and folks really like the contrast of the gray against the black, but I don't and will have to deal with one of the methods explained in this thread - annoying.
Iā€™m sure you could find a body shop and/or a painter that works at a body shop doing side jobs that would paint 5 trim rings for under $100. Annoying I know but for the price of a tank of fuel, itā€™s an easy fix.

Sponsored

Mdpicketts

Outer Banks
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry when I got my car I realized how nice the Wildtrak looks with zero chrome and the extra piano black grill and mirrors, hood sticker and gloss matching door handles and I decided to keep it as it pops so weā€™ll against cactus gray

Ford Bronco DIY How-To: Painting Beadlock Wheel Beauty Ring From Silver to Black (on Badlands Sasquatch) B66F7B49-847D-4571-AB23-EEC8BBB70781
Let me know if you ever want to trade, would be willing, thanks

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, I have been on the fence about this for some time, partly for the same reason. The black does look cool and everyone has the silver rims. I actually started with the Badlands rims, which I liked, but when I saw these pull-offs, I figured I'd keep the rims as they were a 1/2" larger I believe and therefore allows more potential for larger tires, if I get the itch. Also, I have off roaded mine a number of times and crazy enough stuff to scratch the rims and ugly up the beauty rings, so I think painting may fix those issues too. Had to buy a T45 bit, thanks for the info there and wow, you actually used real newspaperšŸ¤£

wheelsco

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL SQ 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to say thank you to op @luptanpitman and everyone else who posted info. I was about to shell out $600 to replace them until I found this thread. Could not be happier with the matte charcoal grey and $21 total cost : )

IMG_8078.jpeg
Sponsored