Sponsored

Best 3-4 person rooftop tents for OEM Roof Rack?

BroncoAdjacent

Black Diamond
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2023 Black diamond 4door and a family of 3, which RTTs do y'all suggest for a OEM roof rack?
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just about 100lbs with a 2 person soft RTT, not much room for anything heavier.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off, I don't have one on my Bronco, mine is mounted on a overland trailer. In my case, beggars can't be choosy because I couldn't pass up the deal on the smittybilt gen 2 rooftop tent. I've had it set up outside the house here in Texas and over the last 2 weeks more than 10 inches of rain have dumped on it and it hasn't leaked a drop. Comes with a neat little LED strip usb powered for inside and a couple of "oh s***" handles to help you get in and out. The pad is comfy enough for my 250 lb carcass and 120 lb wife.
You can spend a lot of money on these things with the creme de la creme pushing 40k that does everything except flush the toilet. Most of those are on backorder. I also added a 270 batwing that makes it awesome. I feel smittybilt is the best bang for the buck for occasional outings. You could very easily turn it into it. Almost a four season set up with a planar diesel heater

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just in case you missed it, the OEM rack is only rated for 110lbs dynamic...so I have no idea what relevance these replies have to the question?

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really like the condor XL setup and I was very close to pulling the trigger on it until the 4WP off-road shop made me a Labor Day. Deal on the smittybilt scout trailer/ tent combo, fully assembled and ready to roll with upgraded pro comp tires and shocks 8K out the door
As a side note I was in there getting Mickey Thompson Baja boss powerply MTs for my 3/4 ton before a trip out to the lease in San Saba. These tires stood up real well to the mesquite/ cactus/ greasewood and rock.
I'd consider putting them on my Bronco if I didn't already have a set of Nitto trail. Grapplers
Sponsored