First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking into upgrading to the Mabett Rear Speaker Pods for the roll bar and would be upgrading over the stock 4 inch speakers. I've got a base system, but I've been working on upgrades and plan on doing a sub woofer/amp overtime. So far I've upgraded my dash speakers to JL C1 4", and kickers to JL C1 6.5”. I also upgraded my 4 inch rear roll bar speakers to Focal ACX 4”, but people say I can get better audio if I go to 6.5". Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated!
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have MTI's

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the SSV pods and speakers. All the rest of my speakers were switched with Kickers. I did the Fusion amp and kicker base swap for the fake sub in my 6 speaker set up from Ford. I did the necessary Forscan changes to power the new 6.5 rears and sub. I am happy with the sound but do not know if I could have done better 6.5 pods. Definitely better than the stock, r
Ford Bronco Best 6.5 roll bar speakers? tempImagejf10vV
oll bar speakers .

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the SSV pods and speakers. All the rest of my speakers were switched with Kickers. I did the Fusion amp and kicker base swap for the fake sub in my 6 speaker set up from Ford. I did the necessary Forscan changes to power the new 6.5 rears and sub. I am happy with the sound but do not know if I could have done better 6.5 pods. Definitely better than the stock, r
Ford Bronco Best 6.5 roll bar speakers? tempImagejf10vV
oll bar speakers .
The Ford Fusion amp and Kicker sub.
Ford Bronco Best 6.5 roll bar speakers? tempImagetekXC0

OP
OP
Benallen6

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Ford Fusion amp and Kicker sub.
Ford Bronco Best 6.5 roll bar speakers? tempImagetekXC0
Yeah I've been debating what type of sub I wanna get, there's so many options lol. I don't have the fake sub box so I need to buy one, so I got options I guess. I was also thinking about getting the tailgate mounted one, that seems interesting. Is that pretty much the same thing as the ford sub woofer you think?

Sponsored

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking into upgrading to the Mabett Rear Speaker Pods for the roll bar and would be upgrading over the stock 4 inch speakers. I've got a base system, but I've been working on upgrades and plan on doing a sub woofer/amp overtime. So far I've upgraded my dash speakers to JL C1 4", and kickers to JL C1 6.5”. I also upgraded my 4 inch rear roll bar speakers to Focal ACX 4”, but people say I can get better audio if I go to 6.5". Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated!
Looks like you're using quality speakers in the other locations. I haven't had focal or JL but have read a lot about them. I have had good luck with Infinity and Hertz in my Ranger an Harley. I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate I bought years ago for an old jeep that are new in the box. I'm going to throw them in a set of Mabett pods one of these days. I got the factory amp an sub so that's probably the only mod to the sound system I'm going to do.

OP
OP
Benallen6

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like you're using quality speakers in the other locations. I haven't had focal or JL but have read a lot about them. I have had good luck with Infinity and Hertz in my Ranger an Harley. I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate I bought years ago for an old jeep that are new in the box. I'm going to throw them in a set of Mabett pods one of these days. I got the factory amp an sub so that's probably the only mod to the sound system I'm going to do.
Good luck with installing them! I heard it's good to change some things in forscan to enable full range for the rear so it sounds better. But does the base sound system have a sub? If so, I havent heard it at all haha. Having to upgrade honestly doesn't sound like the worst thing ever, I've heard a lot of negative things about the B&O system.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I've been debating what type of sub I wanna get, there's so many options lol. I don't have the fake sub box so I need to buy one, so I got options I guess. I was also thinking about getting the tailgate mounted one, that seems interesting. Is that pretty much the same thing as the ford sub woofer you think?
The sub mounts within the rear side panel. I did a minimal sound upgrade. This sounds great if I keep the bass level moderate. If I turn up bass and bass heavy song hits I can get some vibration. If you pull out this panel and the dummy sub may be there. You add the amp and speaker after removing the non usable amp and speaker. That sub enclosure and dummy amp/speakers were in mine.
Ford Bronco Best 6.5 roll bar speakers? tempImage7yESvI

OP
OP
Benallen6

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The sub mounts within the rear side panel. I did a minimal sound upgrade. This sounds great if I keep the bass level moderate. If I turn up bass and bass heavy song hits I can get some vibration. If you pull out this panel and the dummy sub may be there. You add the amp and speaker after removing the non usable amp and speaker. That sub enclosure and dummy amp/speakers were in mine.
Ford Bronco Best 6.5 roll bar speakers? tempImage7yESvI
Does your side panel where the dummy sub is located have the little pouch to store stuff or the speaker grill? Just curious. I'll definitely check either way though.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Best 6.5 roll bar speakers? IMG_2277 2

Sponsored

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've heard the sub but it isn't prominent lol. This is only the second vehicle I've had a subwoofer in so any added bass is noticeable to me. I had a sony explode system in a focus st.

I doubt ever taking the top off so I don't need a high power system. A fuller sound from the back would be nice and I already have the speakers on hand.

Tucker417

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used a set of Focal Auditor 6.5in in Mabett Pods. Sounds fantastic now. You can actually hear the sound coming from rear. I also adjusted the fader to the back 2 spots and now its perfect.

C_Jones1051

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crutchfield doesn’t list the C1 4” as compatible in the dash. Looks like mounting depth issues. Were you able to get the factory grills to seat back in place without modifications in the corners and center?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used a set of Focal Auditor 6.5in in Mabett Pods. Sounds fantastic now. You can actually hear the sound coming from rear. I also adjusted the fader to the back 2 spots and now its perfect.
I have a different set of Focals, but a common theme with them is that they are bright. You may, as I do now, want to add a sub back there. They sound great and they help the clarity but I like-a-da-bass, mon!
Sponsored