Sponsored

Best rear 6.5 speakers for this setup with B&O?

DarthAckbarious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to be getting Hertz DCX 100.3 for the 3 front 4" speakers. I'm looking to get the SSX rear speaker pods and get some 6.5" speakers for those. Would Focal ACX 165 be a good option there to pair with the Hertz? I had read the front 4" Focals were too bright and that the Hertz were a good option. I'm not going to touch the kickers or the sub for now and will not be adding an amp.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are not adding an amplifier you'll want a speaker with high sensitivity—at least 90 dB per watt per meter, ideally 93 dB per watt per meter.

Beyond that... it's largely personal preference honestly. The Hertz DCX 165.3 is a good option and come highly recommended by my brother (who generally is more knowledgable with car audio than I am). I also really like the Infinity REF-6532ex for applications where the speakers are far away from the signal source (like the rear pods). I have no experience with the Focal ACX 165, but I do have some experience with the ACX 165 S. They were solid, but there was an aftermarket amp on them, so hard to recommend them since I've never heard them on a factory amp.

If you had the base audio system, I would have said you should also find speakers whose whose frequency response range extends into the low range—ideally 50 Hz or so. But since you have the B&O setup there isn't a whole lot you can do without adding amplifiers or an external DSP. So you're stuck in that regard—your B&O system is still going to treat those rear pods as if they have 4" speakers in them, so it's a bit of an uphill battle.

OP
OP
DarthAckbarious

DarthAckbarious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are not adding an amplifier you'll want a speaker with high sensitivity—at least 90 dB per watt per meter, ideally 93 dB per watt per meter.

Beyond that... it's largely personal preference honestly. The Hertz DCX 165.3 is a good option and come highly recommended by my brother (who generally is more knowledgable with car audio than I am). I also really like the Infinity REF-6532ex for applications where the speakers are far away from the signal source (like the rear pods). I have no experience with the Focal ACX 165, but I do have some experience with the ACX 165 S. They were solid, but there was an aftermarket amp on them, so hard to recommend them since I've never heard them on a factory amp.

If you had the base audio system, I would have said you should also find speakers whose whose frequency response range extends into the low range—ideally 50 Hz or so. But since you have the B&O setup there isn't a whole lot you can do without adding amplifiers or an external DSP. So you're stuck in that regard—your B&O system is still going to treat those rear pods as if they have 4" speakers in them, so it's a bit of an uphill battle.
Thanks! I will probably go with the Hertz then. Maybe down the line I’ll add an amp and go further, but I at least want better quality speakers for now and more sound from the rears. Would you say the Hertz 4” up front and 6.5” for the rear pods is a reasonable setup for this? I realize there’s always much more you can do, but I’m not looking to go too nuts just yet.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to be getting Hertz DCX 100.3 for the 3 front 4" speakers. I'm looking to get the SSX rear speaker pods and get some 6.5" speakers for those. Would Focal ACX 165 be a good option there to pair with the Hertz? I had read the front 4" Focals were too bright and that the Hertz were a good option. I'm not going to touch the kickers or the sub for now and will not be adding an amp.
i went co axle treble and mids alpines deck and pods
6 inch mids in kickers panels
mti tail gate sub box with kicker comp r sub
5 channel amp and eq and volume control for rear sub separate for when i want to drop the boom
its crazy clear and loud with top off and doors off too

Spidartanks

Raptor
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was thinking I should of went 5 channel amp and not the mono.

what speakers did you amplify?Kick panel and rears ?

what is left being powered by the stock system ? And do you still get yljr door chimes and dings in all speakers or just the ones that are factory powered ?
Sponsored