Sponsored

Who's gone with 6.5in speakers/enclosures in the rear?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've fully upgraded my b&o audio, to include all speakers, Amp, Zen unit, and sub. Long story short im still disappointed in the sound from the rear, everything else is great.

The question is will the 6.5in in the back make a huge difference? Or is the bronco design the limiting factor. Would love to hear from someone who has gone that route.
Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swapped out the roll bar speakers with an SSV pods and put Infinity Kappa 63 something something in them and it makes a difference. Curiously enough, I am trying to price out an amp swap and have gotten everything from $1800 to $3400.

mnhoops

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Black Diamond 2.3L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've fully upgraded my b&o audio, to include all speakers, Amp, Zen unit, and sub. Long story short im still disappointed in the sound from the rear, everything else is great.

The question is will the 6.5in in the back make a huge difference? Or is the bronco design the limiting factor. Would love to hear from someone who has gone that route.
I installed the SSV Kicker 6.5's last week and was immediately impressed by the upgrade in sound. With the top off it's a 5-10 minute install.

Switchworks_Kyle

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ryan you will notice a really nice difference upgrading to the 6.5" speakers. I installed the pods in our Bronco and the difference was huge compared to the stock cheap speakers. You can DM me for a discount code to our site. If you have any additional questions you can also call us and talk to James to help you out.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, I didn't start out with the B&O system, so my version may be different.

I didn't really notice much going to the 6.5's in the rear. People in the back seat say it sounds better, but sitting in the driver's seat the speaker swap didn't do much for me. I think I probably could have just upgraded the 4" to the same as I put in the dash and probably been about the same, at least for what I listen to and the volumes I listen to it at.
Sponsored