Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all,

I was wondering if y'all could help me pick the easiest and most affordable tow hitch and wiring harness for 2022 2 door Bronco. I looked on line and there are so many options.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not the most affordable, but it'll give you the most factory-like solution:
If you don't need a 7-pin harness and just need a 4-pin, then you can save some money and a LOT of time.

MANY options available for 4-pin harnesses. Curt has one (or this one, if you don't have LED taillights) that is pretty good, and Ford also offers one on the Accessories website. There is also plenty more online on places like Amazon, but those are often generic kits and not Bronco-specific... so you may have to get a bit hacky to install them.

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I self installed the Curt hitch and Curt’s 4 pin harness. It was a pretty easy install. I purchased both from etrailer.com.

Grift3r

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dumb question, but with the Curt 4 pin on non LED, do you need to run a power wire to the battery or do they just work off the harness

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dumb question, but with the Curt 4 pin on non LED, do you need to run a power wire to the battery or do they just work off the harness
Not a dumb question as the instructions were pretty horrible. I believe both taillight versions get run to the battery. This took me longer because i put all my wiring in plastic automotive conduit and snaked the battery wire in and out of the frame as i went.

Budget Bronco on YouTube has a good install video. The curt instructions mention grounding one of the wires. I have LED rears and grounded it, which left me with no stop lights if I remember (I've slept since then). Mr. Budget Bronco himself has a comment, ironically in the comments section of his video, that discusses the need, or lack thereof, to ground this wire.

Mine worked great after I reattached the wire to itself instead of grounding it. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Run a wire to the battery.

I found the instructions pretty good...

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i went with the draw-tite extended hitch and the Curt non-LED wiring harness. The hitch is a breeze, you'll take about as long reading the instructions as installing it. The harness was pretty easy except for the battery connector. It all works good for towing a 18' boat and it was roughly $220 for the two.

Speedr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak - 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought UHaul's price of around $480 was not bad.
Sponsored