John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so on the website they list premium black twill and "black diamond" is that just the color or texture? Is the material the same?
I have the Twill. Its a superior product. Remember, sun exposed fabric will wear out, so better is worth $. The black diamond is an acrylic/cotton, 2 layer. Twil 3 layer, acrylic/rubber/polyester. Thicker, better insulation. Link: https://www.bestop.com/soft-top-material-comparison/
Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Tcom

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very loud ! Much louder than the hardtop.
I just removed mine
2dr

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I figured it was like the difference between a cloth and vinyl soft top convertible..…no??
The video above is very informative. I have no experience with automotive soft tops until this Besttop, mine have all been boats.

OP
OP
lwilliams34

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went back to Ford's order website and looked at the accessory options for my 2 door big bend. One the site they have a Ford Factory option for a soft top front panel unit similar to the Bestop. It is a dealer installed option. Is this the same as the Bestop sunrider?

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ive had it for my 4 door - sunrider with the black twill option for fabric. LOVE IT. Installed properly and it works great with no Loud sounds or air coming into the cabin at all. I HIGHLY recommend it

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went back to Ford's order website and looked at the accessory options for my 2 door big bend. One the site they have a Ford Factory option for a soft top front panel unit similar to the Bestop. It is a dealer installed option. Is this the same as the Bestop sunrider?
it is.

60sIron

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you order the Bestop Sunrider or Skyrider from the factory, it will come in boxes in the back of the truck. My dealership did *not* install it for me. Also it cost about $500 more than just buying it directly from Bestop.

OP
OP
lwilliams34

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When you order the Bestop Sunrider or Skyrider from the factory, it will come in boxes in the back of the truck. My dealership did *not* install it for me. Also it cost about $500 more than just buying it directly from Bestop.
thanks.. will definitely order it myself. Install does not look bad.. especially with the 2 door

OP
OP
lwilliams34

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ive had it for my 4 door - sunrider with the black twill option for fabric. LOVE IT. Installed properly and it works great with no Loud sounds or air coming into the cabin at all. I HIGHLY recommend it
awesome! thanks... I think they solved some of the early issues with sealing and wind noise. Looking forward to getting it installed this summer!

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

awesome! thanks... I think they solved some of the early issues with sealing and wind noise. Looking forward to getting it installed this summer!
Yes they actually did. The first one I got was from a person in our group. It was noisy at first but I was able to adjust it to stop making noise. Then - I called BestTop and they actually just sent me a new one! :) Just be sure to get the "Premium Twill" Black option.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone seal their Sunrider? I have a few convertibles every couple of months I use a chemical guys cleaner then a sealer, seems to keep them quite nice.

OP
OP
lwilliams34

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes they actually did. The first one I got was from a person in our group. It was noisy at first but I was able to adjust it to stop making noise. Then - I called BestTop and they actually just sent me a new one! :) Just be sure to get the "Premium Twill" Black option.
thanks that gives me some piece of mind!

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also went this route, did not like the soft-top options for the 2DR, plus with all the horror stories about the hard top, I did not want to be taking it on and off plus storing it for fear of breaking it!

I got mine last spring from Extreme Terrain during a spring sale $825. And I love it, easy install and un-install for winter, easy operation and it doesn't leak. (carwash tested) Now if you are one of these people that complain about wind noise this top makes plenty! but unless its raining it should be open! :)

Ford Bronco Bestop Sun Rider? IMG_0315.JPG

Ford Bronco Bestop Sun Rider? IMG_0316.JPG
Sponsored