Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We sometimes get that weird popping noise as well from the passenger side. It's weird but I'm almost thinking it's the little Bestop logo.

I have put the pipe insulation on the cross bar which stops the flapping noise but I think that weird popping noise may be that logo catching the wind just right.
Not a fan of that piece at all but great call out.

Did you tighten that velcro piece as much as possible after adding the filler?
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of that piece at all but great call out.

Did you tighten that velcro piece as much as possible after adding the filler?
Yes, I used a piece of water pipe insulation and tightened everything up goot-en-tight.

I was going to put a drop of super glue on the tag and see if that helps.

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I used a piece of water pipe insulation and tightened everything up goot-en-tight.

I was going to put a drop of super glue on the tag and see if that helps.
You read my mind on the glue. Initially I considered cutting it off but glue is so much safer!

What size pipe insulation did you buy, or did you grab the sheet vs tubular? Thanks again!

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We sometimes get that weird popping noise as well from the passenger side. It's weird but I'm almost thinking it's the little Bestop logo.

I have put the pipe insulation on the cross bar which stops the flapping noise but I think that weird popping noise may be that logo catching the wind just right.
Circling back. I used acoustic panel foam in the velcro but I had a passenger and that tag is my issue. Tested on the highway with cracked windows while having it held and not held for a long stretch. It's extremely annoying. Anyone else that long? Maybe mine is just too long because something that flaps in the wind and is VERY audible that was put there on purpose all for the sake of free marketing just pisses me off.

tempImageW5f018.png

Reactions: cbs

DKG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
glad I found this thread.. Just put mine on the 2 door today..Extremely bowed on the drivers side. Huge gap in the back.. Can totally see light all the way thru it. Reduced it somewhat by swapping the 5.5mm spacer out with a single 2mm one (approx), but the gap is pretty bad. I'm hoping as the top stretches out that will settle it in a bit more as well. Love all the weatherstripping ideas here. Thoughts? I emailed Bestop this eve.. Hope to hear back.

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise IMG_5885

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise IMG_5887

Sponsored

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
glad I found this thread.. Just put mine on the 2 door today..Extremely bowed on the drivers side. Huge gap in the back.. Can totally see light all the way thru it. Reduced it somewhat by swapping the 5.5mm spacer out with a single 2mm one (approx), but the gap is pretty bad. I'm hoping as the top stretches out that will settle it in a bit more as well. Love all the weatherstripping ideas here. Thoughts? I emailed Bestop this eve.. Hope to hear back.

I'll spare my long story but if you haven't called them, I'd do that vs email. I opened my ticket on the 12th and its still open, a dozen pics, 2 videos clearly showing the issue.

Did you buy this new? I called Bestop before ordering and was told it'd be the latest revision. There is no spacer at all. The instructions that came with mine are Rev J 1123. The website shows Rev G 0322 on its documentations.

DKG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll spare my long story,,,
yeah.. no response to emails.. will call. Yup.. got it new..has the notches and the spacer. I ended up following the advice of a few here and added additional weatherstripping., and swapped out the plastic spacer for two metal washers. I'll be giving them a call as well.. Appreciate the response.

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah.. no response to emails.. will call. Yup.. got it new..has the notches and the spacer. I ended up following the advice of a few here and added additional weatherstripping., and swapped out the plastic spacer for two metal washers. I'll be giving them a call as well.. Appreciate the response.
What revision is showing in the instructions? I purchased this from Bestop this month, no spacer.

bestop.jpg

DKG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wow..Later version for me.. With spacer, and notches. FWIW..Ordered about 10 days ago from Amazon, which had them in stock.. Bestop said 4-6 weeks backordered.

IMG_5921.jpeg

IMG_5920.jpeg

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wow..Later version for me.. With spacer, and notches. FWIW..Ordered about 10 days ago from Amazon, which had them in stock.. Bestop said 4-6 weeks backordered.
Keep us updated if you would please.

Reactions: DKG

Sponsored

DKG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
did get a 'send proof of purchase' email response today.. I wonder If I'll get crap because I got it from Amazon instead of direct? I did speak to somewhen when I wanted to order it...That's who told me there was a long backorder...and said warrantee would be valid if purchased from Amazon....

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if they changed the plastics because there is no way mine would work without a spacer. I have washers equivalent to about one half of the original but with none probably crack from distortion.

Reactions: DKG

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What revision is showing in the instructions? I purchased this from Bestop this month, no spacer.

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise IMG_5920
Where does the lowering clamp go?

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm glad I found this thread. I was about to pull the trigger on this since someone told me how great it was on their Jeep. Just hearing about their lack of customer service is enough for me. I'm tired of companies ending the customer relationship the moment they get your credit card number. Customer support these days is garbage so I'm making a point to spend my money where customer service is important to them. @Bestop_Team sounds like you need to up your game.

Reactions: cbs

DKG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wow..my version doesn't have those 'lowering clamp bracket's either.........
Sponsored