Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for a lift kit for my SAS Black Diamond that doesn't destroy the wallet. I think I've narrowed it down to these two:

Zone OffRoad Adventure Series - https://zoneoffroad.com/products/3-...-sasquatch-only-4-door?variant=39732965900376

OR

ICON 21 Up. https://iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/17743/icon-accessories-21-up-bronco-3-co-spacer-kit/

Each is a 3" spacer lift kit for approximately $500.
So a few questions.
1) How would you compare/contrast these two products?
2) Does one stand out as clearly the better option?
3) Are there other lift kits I should be considering?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for a lift kit for my SAS Black Diamond that doesn't destroy the wallet. I think I've narrowed it down to these two:

Zone OffRoad Adventure Series - https://zoneoffroad.com/products/3-...-sasquatch-only-4-door?variant=39732965900376

OR

ICON 21 Up. https://iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/17743/icon-accessories-21-up-bronco-3-co-spacer-kit/

Each is a 3" spacer lift kit for approximately $500.
So a few questions.
1) How would you compare/contrast these two products?
2) Does one stand out as clearly the better option?
3) Are there other lift kits I should be considering?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
@BroncoStan What's your intended use for your vehicle?

I ask because spacer lifts are usually fine if you're just riding on pavement, though you should add new UCAs to account for the new angle and strain placed on the stock UCAs.

If you plan to go off road, should consider new coil overs and UCAs to minimize the risk of anything breaking out on a trail. In this case, the investment in a full suspension upgrade protects you from exorbitant recovery fees on the trail and further damage to the Bronco.

Spacers really just permit you to add larger tires, but at the cost of reliability and suspension longevity. Just depends on how you plan to use the vehicle - and regardless of what anyone on the internet tells you, you can do whatever you want to your ride, whether people here agree with it or not. It's your money!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First thing I would ask is. why do you want to lift a Squatch ?? .... so you can fit 37's ??? .......don't need a lift for that just to cruise the mall. ;) :ROFLMAO:

If you want to wheel it with 37's, then I would recommend coilovers and UCA's or fenders from ADV.

Ride on Horsemen !!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

BroncoStan

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you @buck_6G. This is great info.
I will be frequenting dirt roads across CO mountains for camping. Iā€™d like to take my kids on some light some off-road trails to see parts of the state that arenā€™t easily accessed. Iā€™d like to hit up some dunes as well for some high speed fun.
Iā€™m not planning on the intense rock-crawling that many on this site are doing in Moab quite yet. Iā€™d be too nervous that Iā€™d ruin this new vehicle.
Do you think this use case needs coil overs?
Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoStan

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks @BAUS67. Itā€™s a good question. Probably less mall crawling and more picking up the kids from school! ;)

In all honesty, Iā€™m 6ā€™6ā€ and I expected the squatch to be taller and I like riding higher up. I will also be honest in that I get bummed hearing about the Ford Performance 2 inch lift for non-SAS will raise it higher than my squatch.
Is there a coilover lift out there that you like?

thanks again man

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks @BAUS67. Itā€™s a good question. Probably less mall crawling and more picking up the kids from school! ;)

In all honesty, Iā€™m 6ā€™6ā€ and I expected the squatch to be taller and I like riding higher up. I will also be honest in that I get bummed hearing about the Ford Performance 2 inch lift for non-SAS will raise it higher than my squatch.
Is there a coilover lift out there that you like?

thanks again man
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I got 'ya. I would just put 37's on it first and see how it works for you. Change suspension second. IMO.

Both spacer lifts you listed are good kits, nothing wrong with either choice. Problem is spacer lifts CAN, not always, but CAN cause damage to you shocks by over extending or over compressing them. For what you replied obove as use, you should be fine.

King's or Fox are probably top 2. Everyone has their own opinion as to who's is best. šŸ˜

OP
OP

BroncoStan

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks man.
Thatā€™s super helpful insight.
Appreciate your suggestions and your cautions. I definitely want to be sure I donā€™t do an unintended harm to the vehicle.
I will look into 37ā€™s. I didnā€™t realize theyā€™d fit the squatch. Good to know.
And I will research the other options you provided. Thanks again!!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks man.
Thatā€™s super helpful insight.
Appreciate your suggestions and your cautions. I definitely want to be sure I donā€™t do an unintended harm to the vehicle.
I will look into 37ā€™s. I didnā€™t realize theyā€™d fit the squatch. Good to know.
And I will research the other options you provided. Thanks again!!!
More than one thread in here about 37's ;) Try google search it might work better.

OP
OP

BroncoStan

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

great stuff @BossBronco - thanks for sharing. Was that a specific lift kit they put you in or did you just tell them you wanted a certain size lift and they customized something for you?
Thanks!

OP
OP

BroncoStan

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love it! But Iā€™m guessing my wallet wonā€™t! ;)
Iā€™m going to save this post for when the bank account looks a little healthier! Really appreciate the suggestions. I have no doubt it looks amazing! enjoy it!
Sponsored