First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had both, I'd say same same on traction and strictly anecdotal here's my experience.

BFGs; Great tire but it seems the first half wears very quickly and the second just won't go away.

Grabbers: uniform wear throughout life, start loosing chunks towards the end.

I'd go Grabbers due to cost, but BFG's are available in more sizes.

I had my Grabbers mounted 'white out' and the tire store clerk reminded me it was not 1970, well I liked 1970.
Well I mean the Bronco is a “retro-inspired” design and is one of the biggest draws to its sudden popularity. I don’t remember the 70’s but I did enjoy the 80’s!
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t remember the 70’s but I did enjoy the 80’s!
Now we're talking! Trans Ams, mullets, and hair bands!
EDIT: I had Champ 500 wheels and BFG Comp T/A's (raised white letters) on my white Trans Am!

Last edited:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had Yokohama Geolander A/T on my Tacoma and only got a little over 30k out of them. Good tires just didn't last very long. I had better luck with Toyo AT 3's.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BFG KO'2 s are a great tire praised by many, including myself. I am however looking forward to seeing how the General Grabbers perform on my Black Diamond build as they come from the factory with them. They are supposedly rated better in Snow/Ice. Well see. If I don't like them I going to go with the KO's for sure.
Keep us posted on how they do hold up with the Northeast winters. I have an exciting (but unexpected) 12/20 build week for Black Diamond 4-door adv 4x4x soft top no other added options. I expected to be hearing a lot more about winter driving in the Broncos before I got to take delivery to decide if I need to change the tires to handle Vermont winters. It will be my daily driver with minimal off-road to start but I'm in an area of Vermont that can get very harsh winter conditions (snow/wind/ice). Last winter had to put rear-locks on to get out of my own driveway some mornings.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep us posted on how they do hold up with the Northeast winters. I have an exciting (but unexpected) 12/20 build week for Black Diamond 4-door adv 4x4x soft top no other added options. I expected to be hearing a lot more about winter driving in the Broncos before I got to take delivery to decide if I need to change the tires to handle Vermont winters. It will be my daily driver with minimal off-road to start but I'm in an area of Vermont that can get very harsh winter conditions (snow/wind/ice). Last winter had to put rear-locks on to get out of my own driveway some mornings.
they have the Snow Flake/Mountain logo so I think they are supposed to be very good indeed we’ll see.

OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lived 2 winters in Kodiak Alaska and 2 winters in Easton Pennsylvania on BFG KO2's. Kodiak was always ice and Easton had tons of snow. They did great on either. But as the Michigonians would always tell yah, good tires and 4x4 won't stop you from sliding off the road, it just makes it easier to pull yourself out of the ditch, slow down.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco BFG KO2’s or General Grabber ATX’s? 20210928_082735

I don't give a dang what year it is. White out looks damn good.

I just put Grabbers on my Tacoma. Overall life less money than the BFGs and, from reviews and comments, similar or better performance. Most have said better in snow which was important to me.

I've been pretty happy with them.

Also important, though less so, is that not every second truck has Grabbers around here unlike KO2s.

Joec410

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 Superduty, 2017 Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a set of General Grabber’s I use on my truck for winter and I hate them because they will not balance. I have had them rebalanced 3 times and road force balanced once. I hate them because of this. If I was still daily driving my truck I would get rid of them. I just changed my wheels and tires out this week for winter and I forgot how much I hate them until I drove my truck last night. Get the BFG’s and be happy!!!
Sponsored