First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else having issues with cuts and gashes on the sidewalls of the Grabber ATX that comes on the BD? I have had two replaced by my dealers road hazard protection, one for a huge gash in the sidewall and one for a huge price of gravel that stabbed in between the treads. (That one could have happened to any tire) however both of the ones I have had replaced and one of the remaining factory ones have gashes or chunks missing out of the sidewalls. I find this distressing because ride quality and traction wise I’m loving the grabbers but they seem to have delicate sidewalls when up against the rocks in the New Mexico mountains. Was wanting to stay with the grabbers when I upgraded size here soon but now leaning towards KO2’s even though they are heavier and more expensive. Anyone else have these kind of issues?
Ford Bronco General Grabber ATX sidewall troubles IMG_4429

Ford Bronco General Grabber ATX sidewall troubles IMG_4430
Ford Bronco General Grabber ATX sidewall troubles IMG_4432

Ford Bronco General Grabber ATX sidewall troubles IMG_4433
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone else having issues with cuts and gashes on the sidewalls of the Grabber ATX that comes on the BD? I have had two replaced by my dealers road hazard protection, one for a huge gash in the sidewall and one for a huge price of gravel that stabbed in between the treads. (That one could have happened to any tire) however both of the ones I have had replaced and one of the remaining factory ones have gashes or chunks missing out of the sidewalls. I find this distressing because ride quality and traction wise I’m loving the grabbers but they seem to have delicate sidewalls when up against the rocks in the New Mexico mountains. Was wanting to stay with the grabbers when I upgraded size here soon but now leaning towards KO2’s even though they are heavier and more expensive. Anyone else have these kind of issues?

I feel your pain! Has happened to me on several occasions.

Tire sidewall are the most "fragile" part of the tire and are susceptible to all kinds of damage with seemingly minor impacts.

The KO 2 does have more impact resistance than some other tires out there so it is always an option.

Another tire to consider is the Cooper ST Maxx. It has a 3 ply sidewall, and a fairly aggressive tread design. Limited size availability, but it is another option.