First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I just had Discount Tire install them on my OBX in 275/70/18 and they have been good around town. Quiet thus far (the Bronco overall is noisy so who knows). C load so very light for the size. Only C load all terrain I could find in the size. BTW they aren’t even on DT’s website yet (C load version)

I figured others could add their experiences on this thread and I will update mine as I hit off-road and mud and sand (which prompted getting rid of the Duelers)

Ford Bronco General Grabber ATX reviews C54B3093-4BBF-4AAD-B78B-D9F3B6A8034F

A3691B97-6FF6-46FF-920D-5FF324CE23DC.jpeg
Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I run them as my dedicated winter tire on my BD but have then on past vehicles and they’re a very good snow tire for the cost!
I know Virginia gets the occasional freak snow storm & freezing rain so they’ll be handy when the time comes!
I have grabber X3’s as summers and ATX as winters, both are great for their intended purpose!

Lars_B_Fan

Outer Banks
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks, 2011 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the driving impressions, TroutBronc. I will post mine hopefully within a month or so.

Here are my General Grabber ATX 275/70/18's . . . waiting on my Bronco OBX that was sitting in Ice Mountain since late January. Fortunately I received the update this week that the modules have been installed and awaiting shipping - ETA April 15th.

Ford Bronco General Grabber ATX reviews PXL_20220123_163602606

Last edited:

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the ATX’s that came with my Black Diamond. Not noisy, great in the snow and rain. Have yet to go off-roading with them. I would like to get 33’s some day but the ATX’s only come in a E load for the 285/70R17s :( . Sticking with them for now for awhile. Hope to get them on the beach soon enough.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had 3 sets. Been pretty happy with them, especially for the price. Seem to be quieter and have better wet traction the the BFG A/T KOs.

Currently have Toyo Open Country AT3s on my BD, which I have also been happy with. Although I wouldn't hesitate to stick with the Grabbers if they offered 285/75R17 in Load Range C.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I do not believe that this forum will give you anything except personal anecdotes. There are several tire-dedicated sites on the internet that should be much more beneficial. Unless this is about you and validating your decision. No tire has been on a Bronco long enough to be deemed "field-tested".

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These came factory on my Ranger Tremor. Good tires, but invest in some mud flaps. They throw rocks like no one’s business

Devreal

Outer Banks
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I just had Discount Tire install them on my OBX in 275/70/18 and they have been good around town. Quiet thus far (the Bronco overall is noisy so who knows). C load so very light for the size. Only C load all terrain I could find in the size. BTW they aren’t even on DT’s website yet (C load version)

I figured others could add their experiences on this thread and I will update mine as I hit off-road and mud and sand (which prompted getting rid of the Duelers)

Looks great. Every tire site I’ve seen has these as an E load. Haven’t found the 275/70R18 in C load. Any tips?

OP
OP
TroutBronc

TroutBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great. Every tire site I’ve seen has these as an E load. Haven’t found the 275/70R18 in C load. Any tips?
Tirerack has them and Discount Tire can get them if they are willing to call their Continental/General rep.

It took a couple of calls to my local DT, even though DT owns Tirerack now.

Devreal

Outer Banks
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tirerack has them and Discount Tire can get them if they are willing to call their Continental/General rep.

It took a couple of calls to my local DT, even though DT owns Tirerack now.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

I love the ATX’s that came with my Black Diamond. Not noisy, great in the snow and rain. Have yet to go off-roading with them. I would like to get 33’s some day but the ATX’s only come in a E load for the 285/70R17s :( . Sticking with them for now for awhile. Hope to get them on the beach soon enough.
Just got my BD today, love the look of the tire, it is very quiet. I find they are just adequate for the stock BD, when they wear out It would be nice if general had a 285 in a C rating. I prefer the looks of this tire over the KO2.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got 275/70/18's on my OBX. Bought mine from Tire Rack. I've put about 2500 miles on them and really like them, nice road tire, good ride and quiet. Nice offroad as well but they can be a bit of a gravel/rock magnet. I installed mud flaps before our recent trip we took to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Ford Bronco General Grabber ATX reviews 701D44F1-5566-4634-B94E-A902E1738111_1_105_c

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These came factory on my Ranger Tremor. Good tires, but invest in some mud flaps. They throw rocks like no one’s business
So live up to the "grabber" name! After our first dirt roads those things flung rocks for 10 miles or so once we hot back on pavement. Already got our fist road rash mark passenger side from the grabber flinging D1 gravel like a spreader. Keller grip on the sandy off road trails tho, and once the rocks stop flinging they are nice and quiet with a great road feel. I dig them but may need a bit more rock flinging prevention. Anyone have any good suggestions? Post them up please!

Deleted member 32220

So live up to the "grabber" name! After our first dirt roads those things flung rocks for 10 miles or so once we hot back on pavement. Already got our fist road rash mark passenger side from the grabber flinging D1 gravel like a spreader. Keller grip on the sandy off road trails tho, and once the rocks stop flinging they are nice and quiet with a great road feel. I dig them but may need a bit more rock flinging prevention. Anyone have any good suggestions? Post them up please!
Rokblokz fronts look like the best option available currently

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rokblokz fronts look like the best option available currently
Whoah those are ugly! Yikes, I took one of these out today but they dont line up right with my new BD steel rear bumper. Maybe it was just me. They fit the Wildtracks perfect and look amazing on a friends Bronco. Gonna double check the fit tomorrow. We have a full set in stock, and should be available at any Ford dealer.
https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-gatorback-molded-front-splash-guard-pair-1
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-sp...92DhM5XPATVBNimxS5y3XC4J0OwKCcnhoC1NIQAvD_BwE
Sponsored