First Name
Darrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've put about 500 miles on my General Grabber A/Tx tires that came on my Black Diamond and they'll be gone before too long. The tire treads are rock catching machines! I have about a half mile long gravel driveway and the treads stay full of rocks. They'll throw some of the loose ones, but several stay in the tread after miles and miles of blacktop. Tired of hearing the clicking. The tires aren't noisy, they ride smooth and I'm not getting any drift. I just don't like the rocks.

I've experimented with several A/T tires on 150's, Ranger's and Super Duty's. I've had about everything on the market in the past 7 years. These are by the worst I've owned at keeping rocks in the treads. This is also my first set of Grabbers.

I'm thinking of going Toyo Open Country A/T 3. Made in the USA and I've been happy with them. The A/T 3's with the same specs are three pounds lighter too.

Anybody with the Grabbers experienced the same issue? They got the name right -- Grabber. They grab rocks and hold them like crazy!
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own these tires on a Tremor. Can confirm. Throws rocks like itā€™s going out of style. I'm at 1800 miles and zero evidence of wear though. They seem to hold up pretty well.

As far as ride comfort.. I can feel those side lugs every time I move the steering wheel. Quite bumpy even with a Fox 2.0 suspension.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the review! With how much space there is between treadblocks, it doesn't surprise me. For people who don't live on gravel roads, hopefully it's less of an issue. Do the Toyos have less space between treadblocks? Im guessing they are trying to help clear mud from the tread, etc with the tread on the grabbers?

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are KO2s any better/different?
Iā€™m getting a BD too but might be getting some take offs from a Badlands

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forrest Gump is a big fan of the General Grabber A-TX Tire.
Ford Bronco General Grabber A/Tx Tires Review (On Black Diamond Bronco) 1625844296462

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just be careful with a tire that retains gravel/rocks. I daily off road for work. I have ignored the clicking and have suffered the consequences. My last truck was an expedition with BFG KO2s load range E (way over kill for the SUVs weight. Three flats in 6 months from little gravely bits working themselves through the tread and into the tire.

I am trying to decide what to our on my 2021 F250 Superduty before the wetter fall weather comes. Maybe Cooper ST Maxx or GY Duratracs
I just put AT3s on personal FJ andi

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like swampers, they only hold boulders. I will be getting TSLs of some sort for my second set of tires.
Good tailgater defense is what I say

OP
OP
darrikc

darrikc

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are KO2s any better/different?
Iā€™m getting a BD too but might be getting some take offs from a Badlands
The KO2ā€™s are better, but still pick some up. The Toyo AT3ā€™s on my Super Duty are great. Not getting rocks and the ride is good. Some noise, but not bad.

Sponsored

kencantrell

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE V6; Ford F250 crew cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ran outside and took a couple pics in the parking lot. This is just one tire, but theyā€™re all the same.

804CD09E-9516-4B16-BEDE-F5AD32918F85.jpeg

3C4062DB-848D-4C03-BBE2-2ECB6D9D628A.jpeg
What are your thoughts about removing the fender flares with the Grabbers? Paint chip Armageddon? Watching this thread, as I also have a long gravel driveway.

OP
OP
darrikc

darrikc

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are your thoughts about removing the fender flares with the Grabbers? Paint chip Armageddon? Watching this thread, as I also have a long gravel driveway.
No way Iā€™d remove them with this tire.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to run AT tires the entire time i own my BD. Even though i don't really like what they look like, I'm contemplating the mud flaps for street use.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like swampers, they only hold boulders. I will be getting TSLs of some sort for my second set of tires.
Would this be a good time to mention there are twelve 35x10-17 SX2 swampers on the blem site for $185 each? I want a fat, nasty 35x15.5 SX but that 35x10 deal is tempting me šŸ˜
Interco Blem

Bronco71

Badlands
First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1979 F250 Ranger Lariat, 1980 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve got the General Grabbers on my Dodge 2500 company truck. Love the tire. The only con is they pick up rocks. Live down a gravel drive and work on farm with only gravel roads. I hope I donā€™t have to repaint the truck before I replace tires.
Sponsored