First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please expand on this, because I've owned many trucks, many cars and a couple SUVs, and neither the Sport nor the Bronco are trucks. A Rav4 or an Outback can be had with the same towing capacity as any Bronco other than the Braptor. Even my smallest truck could carry most large appliances, dirt bikes, small ATVs or todays average size TVS, one has to start breaking down a midsized mountain bike to wedge one inside a Bronco.
A rav4 and outback drive like cars. Unibody, quiet, comfortable cars.

A bronco, 4runner, ranger, raptor etc drive like trucks. Lean in turns, drive over 2" parking curbs, worse NVH, real transfer case, truck nuts, single digit mpg, etc etc.

I know you're just being pedantic, but a bronco sport and a bronco are going to drive entirely different, that's what my question was about.
Sponsored

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A rav4 and outback drive like cars. Unibody, quiet, comfortable cars.

A bronco, 4runner, ranger, raptor etc drive like trucks. Lean in turns, drive over 2" parking curbs, worse NVH, real transfer case, truck nuts, single digit mpg, etc etc.

I know you're just being pedantic, but a bronco sport and a bronco are going to drive entirely different, that's what my question was about.
Confirmed. I'm currently on the fence about trading my Outback in for the Bronco I ordered. The Bronco is truly a phenomenal road driver--for how capable it is off-road. It doesn't feel anything like my old Toyota trucks did, but it's a solid 10 decibels louder than the Outback at most any speed above 40 mph, and it does lean, dive, and shudder in ways that unibody cars don't.

Similarly, while the Outback with mild off-road mods isn't exactly an MPG superstar, you're looking at a 5-10 mpg combined difference depending on Bronco / Bronco Sport trim and motor configurations.

While most on this forum act like every compromise is somehow a badge of honor, the reality is that driving a removable roof, body-on-frame truck isn't for everyone. It's better to be informed than disappointed.

OP
OP

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted to update.

Probably not popular on this forum, but I’m keeping the BS Badlands. I enjoy and use the copilot assist +, heated wheel, B and O stereo, sunroof, leather, other gadgets, etc, etc, too much.

And I’m one of those that stands 100% by the fact that the Badlands is a totally different class of vehicle than the rest of the BS trims, especially with the upgraded Falken tires.

But man is the awesomeness of the full size tempting.

Thanks for all of the helpful responses and feedback.

More than likely sending my son to college with it in a couple years.

I’ll be back!
Sponsored