B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’ve got a bronco sport badlands. Pretty good for what it is. It’s loaded with literally every possible Ford factory option.

I’ve got a chance to trade it pretty much straight up for a new Big Bend w the mid package.

Looking for opinions. Thanks.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the choice is only between the 2, take the BB. But if that BB only had 3.73 gearing and no rear locker, I'd be looking for other Bronco's and see if you could get a similar trade. If you always plan on sticking with 32" tires, and don't off-road, I'd say go for it, being you live in Kentucky.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are two different vehicles totally. The ride is different the interior is different etc. The Bronco Sport is more family friendly softer ride nicer interior etc. The regular Bronco is a stiffer riding not as nice of an interior (for family).

The Bronco Sport is based off the Escape

The Bronco is based off the Ranger.

So it all depends on your needs.

Look at the Ford site and price each one new, and see what the cost difference is. That would be a good start to figure out if they are an even trade or not.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you want a "car" or a "truck"? Both are good and bad at different things.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure you at least know what you're giving up/getting by trading your loaded sport for bronco mid package, just in case something there is a deal breaker....beyond them being two completely different vehicles

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you want a "car" or a "truck"? Both are good and bad at different things.
Please expand on this, because I've owned many trucks, many cars and a couple SUVs, and neither the Sport nor the Bronco are trucks. A Rav4 or an Outback can be had with the same towing capacity as any Bronco other than the Braptor. Even my smallest truck could carry most large appliances, dirt bikes, small ATVs or todays average size TVS, one has to start breaking down a midsized mountain bike to wedge one inside a Bronco.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please expand on this, because I've owned many trucks, many cars and a couple SUVs, and neither the Sport nor the Bronco are trucks. A Rav4 or an Outback can be had with the same towing capacity as any Bronco other than the Braptor. Even my smallest truck could carry most large appliances, dirt bikes, small ATVs or todays average size TVS, one has to start breaking down a midsized mountain bike to wedge one inside a Bronco.
It's a truck, just not a pick-up truck. Basically a utility wagon version of the ranger. 2g through 5g were known as the U150 as they were a wagon f150, but still a truck.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a truck, just not a pick-up truck. Basically a utility wagon version of the ranger. 2g through 5g were known as the U150 as they were a wagon f150, but still a truck.
So it's what 99% of us would call a SUV, got it.(y)

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@B5G4B As others have mentioned, they are two different rigs. There is a harshness, a utilitarian aspect to the Full size Broncos. Most complaints are from people expecting Lexus like creature comforts. You are very much investing into a different style of vehicle and the capabilities it brings.

So it's what 99% of us would call a SUV, got it.(y)
Body on Frame, Solid Rear Axle, 4WD by T-Case vs Unibody, Rear CV Axles, Multi Link IRS, AWD by Viscous Clutches…

Which one is a truck and which one is a SUV?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Like others have said, it really depends on your wants and needs. I bought a Badlands Sport last year from Granger when it appeared I might not see my 2 door Badlands until ‘25 or ‘26. Now only a year later, my 2 door Heritage Edition got scheduled. I plan on keeping them both. Getting the Sport was like like getting a participation award but after having it a year, it’s turned out to be a pretty good little SUV. It’s been great in the snow, gets reasonable gas mileage (low 20’s) and beats the hell out of my 2006 Escape and meets all my needs. But it doesn’t fill the same wants as the 2 door that is replacing my Gen 1 Lightning.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
@B5G4B As others have mentioned, they are two different rigs. There is a harshness, a utilitarian aspect to the Full size Broncos. Most complaints are from people expecting Lexus like creature comforts. You are very much investing into a different style of vehicle and the capabilities it brings.

Body on Frame, Solid Rear Axle, 4WD by T-Case vs Unibody, Rear CV Axles, Multi Link IRS, AWD by Viscous Clutches…

Which one is a truck and which one is a SUV?
2wd Ford/Chevy/Dodge trucks have been called trucks since before I've been born 50+ years ago. The Tahoe, Suburban, Sequoia, Navigator, Bronco, 4runner, Expedition, Yukon, Wrangler, Armada, Landcruiser, etc are SUVs with body on frame construction and various components. I don't get why some refuse to acknowledge a class of vehicles that have been out there for half a century. :rolleyes: Ford's been at the game for a while, you will find the Bronco along with the Sport under the heading SUVs and Crossovers.

clmh

Big Bend
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It depends on what you’re really looking for in a Bronco. I like the looks of the sport but I wanted a Bronco with a removable top so I didn’t go with the sport.

How many of the extra options do you actually use?
Sponsored