Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but it seems as though the performance and appearance of the big bend can be greatly improved by upgrading the tires. I want to maintain the factory height, as not to require recalibration of the speedo (unless this is a super simple process?). I also don't mind the OEM width, since a more narrow tire should perform better in the snow during Michigan winters. Unfortunately it seems that the 255/75/17 combo is not the most popular size.

In this size, i'm between the Nitto Trail Grappler MT and the Bridgestone Dueler AT revo 3. The problem is, although the Nitto will perform vastly better in any off-road scenario and will look much much cooler (subjective, i know), my understanding is that MT tires will not perform well in icy conditions. The Dueler Revo 3's are not 3 peak tires, but all of the reviews and tests speak to their great winter performance and testers are usually surprised that they don't include the rating.

Will I have a serious issue if I go with the Nitto's over the Revo 3's? Does anyone currently run these tires that can provide feedback? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions (pandora's box) IN THIS SIZE? And finally.... I would love to see pictures of broncos out there with aftermarket 32" wheels.

I'm not completely opposed to 33", i'm just ignorant when it comes to how it will affect the speedo/odometer and if other adjustments are required such as a lift or trimming. Wouldn't mind pictures of 33's on a BB if they're out there as well.

Thanks!
Sponsored

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tiresize.com is your new friend.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Speedo will be slightly off if you go 33s or 34s (285/75/17). You can just live with it as it's minor or get something like a hypertech programmer to fix it. My gladiator went from 32s to 33s and it's off by 1mph at 70mph. M/Ts are cool but if you better snow performance, better ride quality and quieter tires that still look aggressive, I suggest all terrains. Toyo Open Country A/T III, Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs, and Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are all great choices in 33/34 fitment that'll go under your BB no problem

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really, go to a tire site and search, I got 40 tires in 255/75 x 17 at 1010tire, many three peak. Also I'm all in on a 255 or 265 width. Toyo AT3's and Falken Wildpeak AT3's are nice, although load E, are available in 255/80x17 which is 33"

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Remember 3 peak doesn't necessarily mean an ice tire, since many A/Ts have them. If you're worried about driving in true winter conditions - which you should be if you live in Michigan - then you really should be running a separate set of winter tires. Over the life of the vehicle the cost difference is quite small since each set last twice as long.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If going to 33s does the psi just change based on the what’s recommended for that tire?
Sponsored