Sponsored

Suggestions for Big Bend 4 door tire size upgrade.

Yeti II

Big Bend
First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealership suggests larger tires on stock wheel with a balancer so it doesn’t rub when turning sharp. Or, a 3.5 in rough country lift kit with same wheel and larger tire. Latter is 1K more . As far as ride, performance etc which is better? Or do you have other suggestions and where have you all gone for your tire upgrades. ? I have investigated buying take-offs from other Bronco owners but location location location…. Im in Nashville and Michigan area.
Sponsored

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There’s a million threads on tire upgrades on here if you do a search.

Also everyone has their own opinions on here about which is the best tire.

Read a bunch of the threads and find what you’re looking for compared to others with similar wants.

Also check in or DM discount tires here. Good folks.

Skip176

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealership suggests larger tires on stock wheel with a balancer so it doesn’t rub when turning sharp. Or, a 3.5 in rough country lift kit with same wheel and larger tire. Latter is 1K more . As far as ride, performance etc which is better? Or do you have other suggestions and where have you all gone for your tire upgrades. ? I have investigated buying take-offs from other Bronco owners but location location location…. Im in Nashville and Michigan area.
i went with 285/70/17 ( 33”) on Rousch Bronco 17x9 wheels tires are BFG all terrain . Performance is the same just lost a few mpg but I really didn’t buy the Bronco for fuel economy but I love the set up , which I know like someone else said is just my opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_2324.jpeg

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tires and lifts have a huge impact on fuel economy, and a noticeable impact on "get up and go". Not saying that's a reason not to do it - just things to be aware of when going into a project like this. There are no shortage of "OMG my MPG sucks" threads here only to find out they are running 37" tires on a 3" lift or something.

To answer the OP: My Big Bend came from the dealer with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Legends, KMC KM544 17" wheels and a 2.5" RC lift. I didn't pick any of that out, it was a special order thing that someone backed out of and I picked it up.

I don't think the 2.5" lift would have been needed to fit the 35" tires (prevent rub) - just removing the crash bars alone probably would have been ok especially since the KMCs have a lower offset than the factory rims. But I can't say for certain. It does look more aggressive with the lift than others without.

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- What is your intended use?
- What size tire is dealer suggesting? (Question anything recommended by the dealer)
- A simple level lift may be all you need depending on tire size.
- Probably best to stay away from an RC lift, much better options out there.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

- Probably best to stay away from an RC lift, much better options out there.
Yeah I don't necessarily recommend the RC lift that I have, just saying that's what I got. I haven't had any issues with it, but I don't wheel hard either. I figure if I ever upgrade the suspension that it will get replaced, but I'll ride it until it breaks (or I get bored and find a good deal)

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I don't necessarily recommend the RC lift that I have, just saying that's what I got. I haven't had any issues with it, but I don't wheel hard either. I figure if I ever upgrade the suspension that it will get replaced, but I'll ride it until it breaks (or I get bored and find a good deal)
No disrespect intended, some of the RC stuff isn't terrible for lite wheeling and for the budget minded the prices are right. If I were going up 3.5" RC just wouldn't be my first choice.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No disrespect intended, some of the RC stuff isn't terrible for lite wheeling and for the budget minded the prices are right. If I were going up 3.5" RC just wouldn't be my first choice.
None taken at all - had it not come with that stuff I’d still be running stock. I know very little about lifts and suspension and learning a lot from all you folks

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't really need a lift or spacers to run up to a 35" tire.
Ton of threads about that here.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

285/70/17 BFG KO2s on my stock big bend wheels, zero rub on even full articulation. Highly recommend, completely changes the look with zero downside, other than a 1-2 MPG penalty. I've had nothing but great experiences at Discount Tire (America's Tire in some areas). Will be sizing up to 75's next time around.

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
285/70/17 BFG KO2s on my stock big bend wheels, zero rub on even full articulation. Highly recommend, completely changes the look with zero downside, other than a 1-2 MPG penalty. I've had nothing but great experiences at Discount Tire (America's Tire in some areas). Will be sizing up to 75's next time around.
Appreciate the shout out! We appreciate your business!

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There’s a million threads on tire upgrades on here if you do a search.

Also everyone has their own opinions on here about which is the best tire.

Read a bunch of the threads and find what you’re looking for compared to others with similar wants.

Also check in or DM discount tires here. Good folks.
who wants to read a million threads lol not me I'm way too lazy and there's plenty of good people and company's here who are eager to share their experience and give CURRENT info on the newest and best products. I've read my share of threads but the best help seems to come from some of the vendors and members you can ask them specific questions that pertains to your build. Yes probably already answered somewhere in those million threads but ain't nobody got time for that.
I don't understand why it bothers some people to ask...

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm also currently building a base big bend. I will be posting the build when its complete but I got most of the ideas and info from asking people on here. most are eager to help! good luck!

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m gonna eventually get some Rocktrix wheels with 285/70/17 tires on my Big Bend. It’s a 33” tire on a 17x9 wheel. I don’t need more than a 33 for my use.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
who wants to read a million threads lol not me I'm way too lazy and there's plenty of good people and company's here who are eager to share their experience and give CURRENT info on the newest and best products. I've read my share of threads but the best help seems to come from some of the vendors and members you can ask them specific questions that pertains to your build. Yes probably already answered somewhere in those million threads but ain't nobody got time for that.
I don't understand why it bothers some people to ask...

Nobody is bothered.

It was advice.
Sponsored