First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I placed my order a few weeks ago for the big bend and I’m starting to wonder if this is the best option for me. I won’t likely use it to off road that much, I have two small kids that will need easy access to the back seat, and I’m likely to customize it aftermarket.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only thing below that is the base trim. It just depends on the option difference, and which ones you can live with, or without. Both will make you a fine Bronco. And with kids of course the 4 door would be the better option in my mind.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you didn't option the Mid package and are planning on changing the wheels out, the base is a better value. If you're looking for most of the features available in a modern vehicle, Big Bend w/Mid is the best bet.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big Bend has a few benefits over Base.
1. Available rear locker (4.27 gears)
2. Leather wrapped steering wheel (yes my Mustang has the rubber wheel, after 200k miles, it's seen better days)
3. Availability of Race Red.. You can't pick that color because it's mine, but still, can't get that on a Base.
4. Aluminum wheels, bigger tires. Albeit ugly ass wheels, but an upgrade over the steelies. Personally I would've swapped the wheels and tires anyways IF I wasn't going BB Squatch.
5. Signature lights.

If you don't really want any of these items, then by all means go Base, but at least put some 32's on there... 30" tires are just way too small.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I placed my order a few weeks ago for the big bend and I’m starting to wonder if this is the best option for me. I won’t likely use it to off road that much, I have two small kids that will need easy access to the back seat, and I’m likely to customize it aftermarket.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Even though you won't off road much, I would say that the optional Rear Differential locker ($795) is a SUPER option to get. It's not available on the Base model. If you even need extra traction the rear diff lock will surely get you out of whatever mess you are in. I'd take the rear locker over the Mid Pkg and day of the week.

I have 3 & 5 year old girls. I have also owned two 2 door Wranglers and two four door Wranglers. IMO, you would be crazy to not get the 4Dr.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jhpasto

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2. Leather wrapped steering wheel (yes my Mustang has the rubber wheel, after 200k miles, it's seen better days)
3. Availability of Race Red.. You can't pick that color because it's mine, but still, can't get that on a Base.
4. Aluminum wheels, bigger tires. Albeit ugly ass wheels, but an upgrade over the steelies. Personally I would've swapped the wheels and tires anyways IF I wasn't going BB Squatch.
5. Signature lights.

If you don't really want any of these items, then by all means go Base, but at least put some 32's on there... 30" tires are just way too small.
Honestly I would stick with the base model but the lights are necessary. Wonder if those can be done after market?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I would stick with the base model but the lights are necessary. Wonder if those can be done after market?
If that's the deciding factor, then go base.
There is going to be so much available for these things we won't know which way is up anymore here really soon.
So many cool lighting options probably, and yes, even sig lighting will be available either over the parts counter, on marketplace, craigslist, and at some point, junk yards.
And probably Amazon. You can get pretty much anything on there. Not all good stuff (I've bought aftermarket "halo" lights off there before back in the day when they were all the rage and they leaked profusely and didn't really fit that well).

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could get a very fine Bronco Sport for the same money, would probably be a lot better fit carrying small people around and all their stuff. A Badlands version sounds like it will easily go where you would take it.

Edit; it has actual cupholders!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The lights should be available.. hell can probably order through Ford... but don't expect to get them for $795 or whatever the B&P price is.. I'd expect it to be quite a bit higher. Hopefully the plugs work, but I can't say for sure.

Deleted member 16780

5. Signature lights.

Despite the Big Bend coming with 32" tires, they are sized 255, meaning thinner/less road friction improved MPG. I placed my order for the 2 dr Big Bend with 2.7 w/mid pkg/LED and 4.27 locking rear not in Race Red (Cactus) I plan on swapping out the Bridgestones(?) with Toyo AT3's or BFG AT T/A KO2's. Probably 285's like the standard on Badlands. I totally agree about the base tires being too small, but I wish they offered those on the big bend in my case as I am going to jettison their 32"s

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you didn't option the Mid package and are planning on changing the wheels out, the base is a better value. If you're looking for most of the features available in a modern vehicle, Big Bend w/Mid is the best bet.
Unless you need 4auto and then you move up to black Diamond !!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Despite the Big Bend coming with 32" tires, they are sized 255, meaning thinner/less road friction improved MPG. I placed my order for the 2 dr Big Bend with 2.7 w/mid pkg/LED and 4.27 locking rear not in Race Red (Cactus) I plan on swapping out the Bridgestones(?) with Toyo AT3's or BFG AT T/A KO2's. Probably 285's like the standard on Badlands. I totally agree about the base tires being too small, but I wish they offered those on the big bend in my case as I am going to jettison their 32"s
I'm almost doing the same thing as you. Don't like the BB tires or wheels. I'm either replacing the tires with KO2's or Toyo AT3's. I'm now thinking of going with Ranger wheels (18" x 8"). I'd like to stay in the 255 tire width. I can get 255/70/18 and stay at 32" with either KO2's or AT3's. I can't find 33" KO2's or AT3's for 18" wheels at 255 tire width. But there is a 33" AT3 255/80/17 if I can find a decent looking 17" wheel. The search continues, but I have a lot of time to figure this out.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not a fan at all of the BB tires, so I'm considering changing to Yokohama Geos or swapping wheels and tires with a BD owner .

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
For planing on not going on the truck trails BB is the trim aimed right at you.

I will be going wheeling a lot so it is not aimed at me. Though with sas any trim can be off road ready.

What other trims are you thinking about?
If the kids make messes the wash out interior of the Black diamond may be nice.

I like the BB grille.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

all of the 7 bronco trims are very capable offroaders ..... if you want extreme rock crawling or extreme baja racing or extreme anything then you pick a certain model, and the higher you go the more bells and whistles with tech stuff.
But you can be certain that the aftermarket will be CRAZY.
Sponsored