Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FWIW, I upgraded from a non-SAS Hibachi suspension. So I went with Bilstein 6112s (wanted to upgrade from the soft Hibachi springs). In my case the improvement was amazing, seriously reduced brake dive and suspension “wallow”…definitely a firmer, more controlled - but not harsh ride. Good luck!
Just did the same thing to my 2.3 (procal tuned) OBX. Swapped the hitachis for 6112’s and added 295/70r18 recon grapplers. My feedback would be identical to yours.
Sponsored

Last edited:

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just did the same thing to my 2.3 (procal tuned) OBX. Swapped the hitachis for 6112’s and added 295/70r18 recon grapplers. My feedback would be identical to yours.
Yeah, i also added 6112s plus RTR Evo wheels and 295/70r18 Cooper Discoverer XLTs to my OBX and i can confirm that HotLap’s driving impression is spot on!

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Best mod to date - the 6112’s are a game changer, happy to see others are having great results too!!

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you like the Recon Grapplers?

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you like the Recon Grapplers?
Love them. Its a very unique size. I think its the best tire if you are keeping the stock OBX Non-Sas wheels. They don't make too many 295/70/18 that AREN'T Light Truck rated.

They have had great traction so far (plenty of rain around here lately) and I couldn't tell you I hear any road noise difference from stock. The offroad beach season just started last weekend and I plan to get out Sunday. I have full confidence.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love them. Its a very unique size. I think its the best tire if you are keeping the stock OBX Non-Sas wheels. They don't make too many 295/70/18 that AREN'T Light Truck rated.

They have had great traction so far (plenty of rain around here lately) and I couldn't tell you I hear any road noise difference from stock. The offroad beach season just started last weekend and I plan to get out Sunday. I have full confidence.
Awesome, the load rating is exactly why they have my attention. Saving 10+ pounds per tire compared to E Rated has to make a difference in daily driving. How much lift do I need?

Enjoy the trip! My beach permit in NJ has been a blast.

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I too, am definitely Thanking You for that excellent advice! After installing the Bilstein 6112s and bigger tires, I’ve been commuting daily for 6 weeks without it (all the while feeling that something was slightly askew) and then i remembered your suggestion. Now that i’ve installed it, i am amazed at the vehicle‘s newfound stability and composure in the rear! You were right, the Bronco is very sensitive to Track Bar position/angle!
Sponsored