First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi, Question: I have Big Bend with stock rims and tires. Have the opportunity to buy Black Diamond wheels and tires, will it make a noticeable difference in tire look. Was also considering just doing KO2 on my BB rims. Also I have the standard axle, can the BB take the BD tires? Thanks
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hi, Question: I have Big Bend with stock rims and tires. Have the opportunity to buy Black Diamond wheels and tires, will it make a noticeable difference in tire look. Was also considering just doing KO2 on my BB rims. Also I have the standard axle, can the BB take the BD tires? Thanks
Yes on both questions, they'll fit, BD and BB both have Hoss 1.0 base suspensions. BD has standard rear diff but it was optional on BB but doesn't matter to change out to BD wheels/tires. To me the BD steelies look better than the standard BB wheels but can't speak to the General's vs. BFG comparison, both are ranked well for what they are.

OP
OP
RADRide

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes on both questions, they'll fit, BD and BB both have Hoss 1.0 base suspensions. BD has standard rear diff but it was optional on BB but doesn't matter to change out to BD wheels/tires. To me the BD steelies look better than the standard BB wheels but can't speak to the General's vs. BFG comparison, both are ranked well for what they are.
THanks @Lowcountry Bronco

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm biased as a BD owner and wanted the steelies.
My experience with the KO2s was they were ok tires on my Raptor. They were stock and I gave them a second shot on my first tire replacement. But when it came time to replace them the second time, I joined many people in the Gen 1 community and switched to Grabbers.
The KO2s used to chunk and crack fairly quickly. The Grabbers seem to hold up better over the life of the tire. At least that's the case on my truck. We'll see how they do on the Bronco. I'm only 17K miles in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RADRide

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm biased as a BD owner and wanted the steelies.
My experience with the KO2s was they were ok tires on my Raptor. They were stock and I gave them a second shot on my first tire replacement. But when it came time to replace them the second time, I joined many people in the Gen 1 community and switched to Grabbers.
The KO2s used to chunk and crack fairly quickly. The Grabbers seem to hold up better over the life of the tire. At least that's the case on my truck. We'll see how they do on the Bronco. I'm only 17K miles in.
Cool thanks @atimberwolf the Grabbers are the stock wheels right?

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They were on my 2022.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Black steelies are the best stock wheels. Grabbers have been great on and off-road.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Tires PXL_20230502_143139173
I can confirm the grabbers are also great on Toyota/lexus. As long as ford keeps putting them on broncos there should be a steady supply of cheap take off 265/70-17 tires available
IMG_9117.jpeg

IMG_9409.jpeg
Sponsored