Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most of what you posted was an appearance package sort of thing, so what I was trying to say is, at least ya know what you like/want. As I read through, I kept wondering if you plan to do the accent work yourself.?.?.? Doing so would help with the wallet aspect quite a lot... but as always it depends on our own skill sets. I don’t have the patience to do custom paintwork like, say @broadicustomworks does... so I tend to have vehicles with a rough looking exterior. However, I’m a stickler on the mechanical and fabricated pieces. All that said, I do like the nicely painted and clean looking vehicles... but I also appreciate patina 🙂
I do plan to do pretty much all myself (and with my son). We built up our prior 2 Jeeps and look forward to doing this one. But, for the blue paint, I will do that myself. For clarity, right now the plan is that the blue pinstriping around the hood graphic and on some parts of the side graphics is done with a high quality blue matching pinstriping tape, not paint. But the tow hooks and the sides of the Bronco grill lettering will be with actual Ford VB paint and done meticulously by us.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like a great plan to me. (y)

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most of what you posted was an appearance package sort of thing, so what I was trying to say is, at least ya know what you like/want. As I read through, I kept wondering if you plan to do the accent work yourself.?.?.? Doing so would help with the wallet aspect quite a lot... but as always it depends on our own skill sets. I don’t have the patience to do custom paintwork like, say @broadicustomworks does... so I tend to have vehicles with a rough looking exterior. However, I’m a stickler on the mechanical and fabricated pieces. All that said, I do like the nicely painted and clean looking vehicles... but I also appreciate patina 🙂
Here’s some examples of the painting we did on our Rubicon. All the red shown was added by us (except the tow hooks, those were factory red) so I feel like we can do the blue in a nice, clean way also.

Ford Bronco BLACK ICE Build 0134BA2F-304B-4DBF-B64A-01420724CA16

Ford Bronco BLACK ICE Build 16FABC6C-64E1-4F46-86E6-4A9FB222A751
Ford Bronco BLACK ICE Build F2F08998-FABE-4691-B96A-3D0F21086D0A
Ford Bronco BLACK ICE Build 10B7D8F6-8D27-4657-BCEF-B26F618BCEAE

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the mention, Erock!
Yeah that’s a solid plan, OP.
IF by chance you wanted something more detailed and longer-lived than pinstripe tape/vinyl, I use One Shot pin striping paint and it goes on well.
takes a bit of practice (which I have not mastered).
I am ALL IN on accenting with complementary colors.
What you have outlined is just enough.
Too much becomes, well, too much.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the mention, Erock!
Yeah that’s a solid plan, OP.
IF by chance you wanted something more detailed and longer-lived than pinstripe tape/vinyl, I use One Shot pin striping paint and it goes on well.
takes a bit of practice (which I have not mastered).
I am ALL IN on accenting with complementary colors.
What you have outlined is just enough.
Too much becomes, well, too much.
Thank you, and I’ll definitely look into the One Shot, but I am a bit hesitant of permanent paint around the OE graphics as I’m not sure how long they will last. I’ve used pinstriping tape before and it seemed to hold up well so we shall see. Thx.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first I’ve viewed your build thread @Rubisquatch, can’t wait to see the graphics and striping you end Up doing! I’m sure you’re counting down the minutes until you get your hands on it. So close! good luck with the sleep thing 🤣

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the first I’ve viewed your build thread @Rubisquatch, can’t wait to see the graphics and striping you end Up doing! I’m sure you’re counting down the minutes until you get your hands on it. So close! good luck with the sleep thing 🤣
Thanks, getting pretty excited and I check the Ford Tracker and the B6G tracker like 5-10 times a day to see if it’s Ready to ship. Dealer said it was built, it shows up in my Ford app so hope that it passes MIC top inspection and gets here soon.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ever consider painting the a-pillars and above the windshield black for a completely blacked out (and carbonized grayed out) greenhouse? That on a white Bronco with black wheels would look real good.

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, where did your wife get those stickers? Those are awesome...