Sponsored

Black Screen - Ford doesn't know how to fix?

Bronco_43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 91 Beretta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, like other forums I have seen on here, I got the black screen of death- started intermittently around 8500miles, and has been consistently non-functional since 9000 miles. It took a month to get an appointment at a dealer (and that was quicker, than my actual dealership where I purchased). Finally, I got it it in- the dealer somehow forced my screen on for the rest of that day (yay?) but they said it's fubared and they don't know what's wrong with it...They said they'd have to contact Ford. Well that was November 30th. I've never still never heard anything back from the dealership who said they'd contact me as soon as they hear back from Ford. I've tried e-mailing Ford- got all but an automated response telling me their dealer service techs are trained to fix any issue, to keep working with them/reach out to Ford for anymore concerns...😂

Some other forums in here had given me some hope they can just order a new APIM. But my service advisor seemed to dismiss that possibility when I mentioned it.

Now both dealers I've seen have offered me a full refund on my Bronco- so I could order a new one. Well, tempting idea, but with the interest rate changes here, I can barely get a Base model sas for the price I'm paying for my Badlands Lux. I wouldn't mind compromising some of the clearly annoying tech- but, it's just not economical- especially when I'm already paying for one that's not functioning as intended.

Any advice for a Canadian with this issue? I've seen some Americans can take advantage of the BBB/lemon laws.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With a lemon law is going to put you right back in the same situation where you will have to get a new Bronco.

I haven't kept up on all the alternatives, but it seems like that module has always been the one at fault. I wonder If you could actually order it yourself... Maybe from one of the dealers on the forum... And then worry about Ford reimbursing you later (as long as the dealers are going to install it).

I don't think they're that super expensive, it definitely would be cheaper than you buying a new Bronco.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's most certainly, the APIM. Someone on here even got one from an F150 I believe it was, to work.. a few changes in Forscan and he got the Bronco loading screen as well. I think there are a few weird things (F150 showing on 360 view, etc) there is a thread on here somewhere if you search. I would personally however, demand they replace the APIM/or look further into it. No reason to trade out your vehicle and go through all that nonsense.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The lengths that ford will go through and put their customers through for a few hundred dollars is mind blowing. This shouldve been fixed immediately. Its a simple solution but they will drag you along for months for nonsense
Sponsored