James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the blend date is different than the “build date” my dealer and ford bronco customer service have? They told me a build date of 12/7, but no window sticker as of yet and tracker still says build week of 12/6.
Sponsored

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people see a build date a few days after their blend date. Blend date is when they marry the body with the frame. Others will chime in if I misspoke. Hopefully that explains discrepancy of date on window sticker (blend) versus build.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people see a build date a few days after their blend date. Blend date is when they marry the body with the frame. Others will chime in if I misspoke. Hopefully that explains discrepancy of date on window sticker (blend) versus build.
Hmm. I still haven’t gotten a WS yet. If that’s the case, and we’re supposed to get them a week out - it’s a bit disconcerting.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The date given to you on scheduled day is for blending. It’s when they start putting all the parts on your Broncos assembled and painted body and frame. The status changing to produced happens about 1-3 hours after they do a final inspection. If it needs to go to the Mod shop it will proceed there after that production verification.

You won’t get a windshield sticker until all parts are ready for sequencing. They don’t just grab parts off the shelf, things are scheduled and shipped to the plant just before they plan to use them. They get sequenced for installation and once sequencing is complete it officially becomes buildable. That’s why the sequence number is highly important during this. This all happens over about a weeks time and then on the actual day of blending everything begins. Takes about 24-36 hours to get from in production (blend) to produced depending on shifts. Sometimes it can be sooner but usually not
Okay, that’s how I also understood it. My curiosity stems from the last information I have being a 12/7 “build” date but others in my build week group getting a window sticker for a 12/7 blend date but I have not. It’s out of my hands but I find this particular waiting game more grating than others.

PeneBear

Outer Banks
First Name
Edith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a blend date of 12/06/2021.. called the dealer on the sixth, they said it was in build status. Shows "in production" on the tracker and no longer shows pics of my bronco. No updates since Monday. Hoping to get my ride soon. Window sticker still has the blend date of 12/6, date at the bottom of the window sticker updated from 11/30/2021 to 12/07/2021.
Outerbanks, soft top, luxe, tow and sasquatch packages.
Sponsored