Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what's happening in that radar box, what parts have actual stuff and how much is just assembly?

I'm going to fab up a different license plate holder and want to get as high as I can (into the yellow zone in the pic) without messing with the radar, just no idea how much no-fly zone there is...
Ford Bronco Blocking the radar box / front license plate Q license plate zone
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what's happening in that radar box, what parts have actual stuff and how much is just assembly?

I'm going to fab up a different license plate holder and want to get as high as I can (into the yellow zone in the pic) without messing with the radar, just no idea how much no-fly zone there is...
Ford Bronco Blocking the radar box / front license plate Q 1642567052504

Ford Bronco Blocking the radar box / front license plate Q 1642567102888

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the box itself holds the radar for the adaptive cruise control, and I don't think it is used for any of the other safety features. So if you don't have the Lux package... doesn't matter if you block it from an electronics perspective.

The bigger issue is that also serves as the air intake for the intercooler. Hence why the images @rtaylor posted from the equipment install guide list it as a high risk area.

OP
OP
yippeekiyay

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow fantastic info there, thank you!

Is the full guide available somewhere online/purchase, looks like it might be handy to have...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a high package or lower then there is nothing in the "box." I have yet to pull the cover off of my BL with lux to see what is actually in there.

BL with high:
Ford Bronco Blocking the radar box / front license plate Q 1642613338261

Sponsored

Petek70

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Blocking the radar box / front license plate Q 1642613338261
I just drilled a hole in the center of the license plate (inline with the original upper license plate holes) and slotted the ends of the license plate and was able to just bolt it on right below the box to those three bolt holes. Works good and doesn't just stick straight down.
Sponsored