Sponsored

Bluetooth doesn't work,. Can't even turn it on.

JeepDefector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got my 2021 BigB bronco on 1/25. Bt wouldn't connect. Took it to dealer who reset the system and it worked for less than 24hrs and dead again. Can't even toggle the bt on. Anybody have this issue? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a bad module. You can try disconnecting your negative battery terminal for a few minutes, but likely a dealer replace/repair required.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have the lux package? with the giant screen and such?

OP
OP
JeepDefector

JeepDefector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like a bad module. You can try disconnecting your negative battery terminal for a few minutes, but likely a dealer replace/repair required.
Thanks...probably good I know nothing about vehicles...keep me from getting into a mess trying to figure out what you are talking about....:) I am awaiting another reply from the dealer...Kind of frustrated 3 days in the thing is already causing me issues. Hopefully an easy fix.

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you using Wireless Android Auto/CarPlay? If so you'll have issues while running either simultaneously

OP
OP
JeepDefector

JeepDefector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you using Wireless Android Auto/CarPlay? If so you'll have issues while running either simultaneously
HHmm....Haven't actually run much of anything because BT won't stay connected. In theory, shouldn't Android auto work as part of the BT connection? I don't know, whole systems seems buggy to me...and Maybe I just need new hardware unit.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HHmm....Haven't actually run much of anything because BT won't stay connected. In theory, shouldn't Android auto work as part of the BT connection? I don't know, whole systems seems buggy to me...and Maybe I just need new hardware unit.
Is your phone set to automatically reconnect to Bluetooth sources? Can you turn the truck on and then connect using the Bluetooth screen on your phone?

Also this doesn't help your situation, but you are correct. Android auto uses Bluetooth as part of the connection. When everything is working correctly on Android auto, any audio played on the phone comes through the bronco. It will switch seamlessly between Bluetooth youtube audio and back to pandora on Android auto. Or whatever combo of sounds you send to the truck.

A tip for people. If you are listening to pandora on the Bronco and a Bluetooth audio source, such as YouTube, takes over, just press play on the screen or steering wheel and the music will override the other audio.

I don't know if this works in Car Play

OP
OP
JeepDefector

JeepDefector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is your phone set to automatically reconnect to Bluetooth sources? Can you turn the truck on and then connect using the Bluetooth screen on your phone?

Also this doesn't help your situation, but you are correct. Android auto uses Bluetooth as part of the connection. When everything is working correctly on Android auto, any audio played on the phone comes through the bronco. It will switch seamlessly between Bluetooth youtube audio and back to pandora on Android auto. Or whatever combo of sounds you send to the truck.

A tip for people. If you are listening to pandora on the Bronco and a Bluetooth audio source, such as YouTube, takes over, just press play on the screen or steering wheel and the music will override the other audio.

I don't know if this works in Car Play
Thanks. I actually can't even turn the BT toggle in the Settings to the "on" position. And the Service peeps at the dealer never called me back today...I smell trouble on this one...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got my 2021 BigB bronco on 1/25. Bt wouldn't connect. Took it to dealer who reset the system and it worked for less than 24hrs and dead again. Can't even toggle the bt on. Anybody have this issue? Any suggestions?
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I would like to look into your Bronco's Bluetooth issue on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepDefector

JeepDefector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I would like to look into your Bronco's Bluetooth issue on my end.
Hi...Thank you very much. I just sent you a private message/conversation with VIN and dealer. I appreciate the help...

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this an old thread - but I just experienced the same and wondered what the fix was.

2023 BL lux - got in after having some work done and wouldn't connect to my phone. Went into settings and see BT is turned off. Won't turn on.

Rocky Rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Spectre_Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi JC. Have same issue. BT won’t turn on. Did you fix yours?
Sponsored