Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone bought the Boom Mat Headliner for their MIC Top? I'm still waiting on my headliner from Ford (it was never added it my order) and am looking for alternatives. I installed the 1" thick Boom Mat kit on my JK and was a big fan as it was significant noise reduction. I contacted the company, Design Engineering inc., and they said they are working on a kit for the Bronco. but did not have a timeline. They do sell the Boom Mat in sheets of 75"x64" but you need to custom cut the sheets. Was wondering if anyone has done this and how it looked once completed? Compared to my JK the roof of my MIC Top is not as level so Im curious how this style of mat will fit and sit. Thanks (y)

https://www.designengineering.com/products/headliners-window-kits/
Sponsored

Last edited:

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whereas you already have your Bronco and I don’t, I nominate you to work this out in cooperation with DEI, then report back to us. 😁

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone bought the Boom Mat Headliner for their MIC Top? I'm still waiting on my headliner from Ford (it was never added it my order) and am looking for alternatives. I installed the 1" thick Boom Mat kit on my JK and was a big fan as it was significant noise reduction. I contacted the company, Design Engineering inc., and they said they are working on a kit for the Bronco. but did not have a timeline. They do sell the Boom Mat in sheets of 75"x64" but you need to custom cut the sheets. Was wondering if anyone has done this and how it looked once completed? Compared to my JK the roof of my MIC Top is not as level so Im curious how this style of mat will fit and sit. Thanks (y)

https://www.designengineering.com/products/headliners-window-kits/
Hey, mine came with the headliner / sound deadening, and i think it not worth it (fit n function). I plan to pull it all and install the sound mat and cut the carpet in the way it should have been done. I even plan to carpet around and below the MIC top windows. It will be my summer project. I am watching a few companies that will be offering install kits but, like all aftermarket items; it takes time for them to release them.

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not to commandeer this thread, but are all MIC hard tops supposed to get some sort of headliner or just certain trims?
Sponsored