First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dirty dog makes a liner you could leave in during the hot time of the year. Probably wouldn’t want the top off anyways. It says it’s for cold and soft tops but it should be something that could work with a HT. The air space between top and liner is what helps with heat transfer. It wouldn’t do anything to keep vehicle cool when parked.

https://store.dirtydog4x4.com/?route=product/product&path=139_150&product_id=640

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
N FL here an no issues with heat transfer. Ceramic window tint (including the front windshield) is also a worthwhile improvement.

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
N FL here an no issues with heat transfer. Ceramic window tint (including the front windshield) is also a worthwhile improvement.
Thanks. Do you know what are (1) legal, and (2) you-can-get-away-with-it limits on tinting?

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OEM top and headliner are great in the heat and direct sun. Can't say there is any discomfort in the 90s.

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. Do you know what are (1) legal, and (2) you-can-get-away-with-it limits on tinting?
Not sure on the legal aspect. My base came with no factory tint on the back glass. I have 20% ceramic on everything except the front. The front is 50%. You can't tell the front is tinted but I don't even wear sunglasses inside the truck and there are no issues seeing out at night. Not cheap at $800.00 but well worth it.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a "friend" in College Station that does tint and other customizations. He's been hounding me to get ceramic nanotint (or whatever), and he and my "other friend" both swear by it. My "other friend" lives near you in New Caney and has a glassed out Grand Waggoneer. My "friend" also says you get what you pay for tint-wise.

What's legal on the windshield is clear; what my "friend" has is either 80 or 20, whichever is the darker version. Looking at it, you can't really tell it's even tinted. So... I have other reasons to believe you'll probably be fine, especially with a lighter tint on the windshield (one of the two is a peace officer... :whistle:). In Texas, with a non-soft top, it is the windows that beat you up heat-wise.

I would note I haven't gotten anything because College Station is 3.5 hours away and that's a long way to go get tint. I do want it, just haven't gotten around to it. One day when I go to Houston I'll detour to CS and get it done.

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a "friend" in College Station that does tint and other customizations. He's been hounding me to get ceramic nanotint (or whatever), and he and my "other friend" both swear by it. My "other friend" lives near you in New Caney and has a glassed out Grand Waggoneer. My "friend" also says you get what you pay for tint-wise.

What's legal on the windshield is clear; what my "friend" has is either 80 or 20, whichever is the darker version. Looking at it, you can't really tell it's even tinted. So... I have other reasons to believe you'll probably be fine, especially with a lighter tint on the windshield (one of the two is a peace officer... :whistle:). In Texas, with a non-soft top, it is the windows that beat you up heat-wise.

I would note I haven't gotten anything because College Station is 3.5 hours away and that's a long way to go get tint. I do want it, just haven't gotten around to it. One day when I go to Houston I'll detour to CS and get it done.
I just got a quote by a local guy for $240 (windshield, ceramic) and $140 (front doors, ceramic)

that seemed pretty solid to me. And he’s a one-man-shop from what I can tell, so i’m sure that’s why he can keep his costs down.

I have to wait until 8/23 though :oops:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got a quote by a local guy for $240 (windshield, ceramic) and $140 (front doors, ceramic)

that seemed pretty solid to me. And he’s a one-man-shop from what I can tell, so i’m sure that’s why he can keep his costs down.

I have to wait until 8/23 though :oops:
Yeah, I think I got $300 for the front windshield for nanoceramic and $160 for the side windows. No "friend" discount... đź‘€

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I think I got $300 for the front windshield for nanoceramic and $160 for the side windows. No "friend" discount... đź‘€
Honestly that’s pretty darn close. I read some yelp reviews on my local guy here and it sounds like he’s a hidden gem. Well, since he’s booked for a month, maybe not *that* hidden …

I also asked him if he would apply side decals. He laughed and was like — no way I can do that stuff right, brother.

So he’s likely very good and very efficient at his one craft.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly that’s pretty darn close. I read some yelp reviews on my local guy here and it sounds like he’s a hidden gem. Well, since he’s booked for a month, maybe not *that* hidden …

I also asked him if he would apply side decals. He laughed and was like — no way I can do that stuff right, brother.

So he’s likely very good and very efficient at his one craft.
My guy's trying to get XPel trained or whatever. Had a whole training thing lined up in Oregon this summer but can't recall why it fell through. I guess it all kinda goes together, eventually.
Sponsored