Sponsored

Sound Deadening Headliner for MIC worth it?

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know if the sound deadening headliner is worth it? I have a Jeep Wrangler now and I’ve never noticed it being loud in the inside. How is the noise inside compared to the Jeep? I test drove one back in March but I can’t remember if it had it or not.
Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Adds enough value that I’m glad I own it, but could definitely be improved upon by adding your own sound deadening materials. I appreciate it more for the finished appearance it gives the top, but again, with your own materials it could be easily replicated and improved upon very simply.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The actual sound deadening is probably minimal. But it does improve the finished appearance and is worth it (especially if you aren't paying for it). They have improved the finished appearance from MY'21 when some early examples looked like they were done by a grade school arts & craft class.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco is pretty damn loud, so I can’t imagine it adds much as far as noise reduction goes. It is worth it just for the finished appearance it gives the top. The bare plastic is pretty ugly and looks unfinished.

OP
OP
Chelsgirl21

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I read it would be included on most trims, I’m not sure if mine comes with it or not because I purchased a cancelled customer order. It’s not listed on the windows sticker, so I’m assuming that means it doesn’t have it. 😔

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it's worth it for sure. I got it free for all the waiting. But for me and living in super hot south Florida with the burning, scorching hot sun, it for sure keeps the interior cooler.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I read it would be included on most trims, I’m not sure if mine comes with it or not because I purchased a cancelled customer order. It’s not listed on the windows sticker, so I’m assuming that means it doesn’t have it. 😔
Included if requested was the part that most buyers didn't realize lol. If it's not on the sticker it's not going to be there.

OP
OP
Chelsgirl21

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Included if requested was the part that most buyers didn't realize lol. If it's not on the sticker it's not going to be there.
I know it will probably take forever, but I wonder if I can order one from the dealership? 😔 I mean my jeep doesn’t have one and it’s never bothered me…and the one I test drove did not have a hard top either. I’ll probably wait and see what I think after I actually get mine in a couple weeks.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it will probably take forever, but I wonder if I can order one from the dealership? 😔 I mean my jeep doesn’t have one and it’s never bothered me…and the one I test drove did not have a hard top either. I’ll probably wait and see what I think after I actually get mine in a couple weeks.
We don't have it on our 2D top. There's wind noise, not terribly loud, but no vibration or squeeking. Not sure how felt pad on the inside is supposed to fix air disturbances from the outside anyway lol. What wind noise we have is not from the leading edge, it sounds like it originates from about half way back. From the front seats it sounds like it's behind you, from the rear seats it sounds like it's in front of you.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what I remember. Ford offered it for free but you had to tell your dealer to add it.

Good place to put my patches, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chelsgirl21

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have pictures of what it looks like without the “carpet” on the ceiling (top) 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have pictures of what it looks like without the “carpet” on the ceiling (top) 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
Ford Bronco Sound Deadening Headliner for MIC worth it? 1653907638005

A guy in a FB group didn't have the headliner and has chosen to cover the unfinished appearance with patches. Of course, he can't use the typical hook and loop fastener, but uses adhesive to affix the patches.

If your Bronco doesn't have it on the window sticker, it won't have it. On the Black Diamond and Badlands, it was made optional. Personally, I wouldn't pay for the headliner to be installed at the dealer. It will likely look like the early MIC tops when the Webasto staff was learning the best process. Consequently, some of the early headliner installations looked like an arts & craft project gone wrong.

You could always order the kit from parts counter and install it yourself where you can take your time. But it will likely be much more expensive than you expect. I would wait to see if the aftermarket comes up with a better kit. I know @Hothead Headliners was developing a kit, but they have since gone silent on any updates.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I passed on the sound dreading when folks who were receiving their Broncos complained about the fit, finish, and shedding. My top required a wipe down on the inside once I took delivery. It wasn’t filthy, just a tad dusty. I don’t get the noise complaints. Seems pretty acceptable for a vehicle with a removable top. They make Explorers and Expeditions if luxury is one’s goal. Anyway, I can’t imagine an 1/8 inch or so of material provides any noticeable decibel reduction. BTW, my top is outstanding in build, quality and function.

OP
OP
Chelsgirl21

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I passed on the sound dreading when folks who were receiving their Broncos complained about the fit, finish, and shedding. My top required a wipe down on the inside once I took delivery. It wasn’t filthy, just a tad dusty. I don’t get the noise complaints. Seems pretty acceptable for a vehicle with a removable top. They make Explorers and Expeditions if luxury is one’s goal. Anyway, I can’t imagine an 1/8 inch or so of material provides any noticeable decibel reduction. BTW, my top is outstanding in build, quality and function.
See we've never owned a "luxury" vehicle. My Jeep Wrangler is much quieter than our excursion or our F350, so I really doubt the noise will be something that bothers me. I was thinking really more for aesthetics, but people keep saying it looks better than the interior of the jeep tops, and mine has never bothered me. I think if I do end up wanting it later, we would just do it ourselves by purchasing either an aftermarket kit, or the one from Ford. Thank you guys for your input!
Sponsored