First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's discussed elsewhere on the forum, but the short answer is: No one knows absolutely for sure, but that terminology is typically used to mean sound deadening material / mat that is applied against the body structure under the carpet and trim, and that's what we're all assuming it means in this case.
There is actually proof that headliner or deadening won’t do much improvements
guy on You Tube showed by applying very good quality sound treatment under the black thin carpet 300$ worth of it and tons of labor and with sound level device he found 5-10% improvement ? Bronco hard top removable plastic roof are not quiet to many components , modular sections even driveling off road you can hear not only sound noise but rubbing sounds from different parts of the roof structure.
it’s not winning situation here !

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When my 2022 showed up, I spec'ed it with a headliner and either the dealer or Ford "forgot" to install it. (My bet is, the dealer thought since it was no charge, it would be included automatically...wrong) So for a month and a half, I had my Bronco without the headliner. When the liner came in, I brought it in and was pleasantly surprised that it did indeed make it a little bit quieter and less "tinny" inside.

Les Korcala

Black Diamond
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They don’t works, it’s why you install good great audio system and enjoy it to kill the initial sounds leaking in to the Bronco
Ny the end of the day it’s off road rig. Steep sloping windshield will increase your frontal area while driving anyway way.
easy check with sound level device. I did this versus my Xterra with more relaxed windshield angle , huge differences.

23Bettie

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2023 was spec’d with the headliner, but arrived without it. The dealer told me Ford removed it as a free option, and that they would put one in for $800. I took all the way to the dealership GM and he will not respond to my messages. This is not my only issue with theses guys. Piece of crap dealership.

Sponsored

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it is less useful than you think. I was in the same boat spent $500 to buy it from Ford and installed with Kilmat, I hardly notice any change in the wind noise. there are bigger openings in the roof and frameless doors are the cause for worst wind noise especial when it is crosswind.

am learning to live with it.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator