First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2006 STi, 1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doing my share of aftermarket parts hunting I noticed borla has 2 different exhaust systems for the atak muffler setup. Does anyone know the difference between these? I found a used one for the 2.7 but I have the 2.3 motor. Can I put the one made for the 2.7 on my 2.3?
Sponsored

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
The difference might be in the rear exhaust hanger where the stock tailpipe is, it's definitely different with the stock exhaust. I would go to their website and read through the installation instructions. They usually show all the parts that are included and then the install procedure which would show the differences between the 4 cyl vs 6 cyl. If they actually have different part #'s for the system for the 4 vs 6, the instructions might show that as well.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking at the pics on the Borla website, the 2.7 system has a larger muffler
2.3:
Ford Bronco Borla atak compatibility 1703900521966

2.7:
Ford Bronco Borla atak compatibility 1703900540886

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I think the Corsa stuff might as well. If the price is right, it might be worth trying and if you don't like it, sell it. Neither of these engines will sound good like a V8 does, but the stock mufflers are really bad with 90 degree flow bends inside so any cat-back or axle-back will definitely help flow, mpg and probably a little hp. Finding the sound level you like is going to be the hardest part. I listened to a lot of video sound clips and finally settled on the MBRP Overland 3" stainless cat-back which has the forward muffler and rear resonator with a single turn down and it ended up at the sound level I was hoping for. Maybe check out the regional forums to see if someone with different exhaust is near you that you can check out in person, the videos don't really do any of them justice.
Sponsored