Which sounds better, Borla Atak vs Corsa for 2.3 L

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exhaust is hard. On top of having to base your purchase on video clips recorded with ??? microphones, and played back on ???? speakers, it’s also super subjective what sounds good!

I’d probably look at Borla Touring (still high clearance version) if I did it again, for more of a Stock+ sound. But then maybe I’d be saying it’s too quiet—which is why I’ll stick with what I got!

The Corsa is definitely a high quality assembly (I’m sure the Borlas are too), but it did benefit from some added sound deadening in my cargo and wheel well areas.

It sounds more “fun” than stock, but ultimately there’s only so much you can do with a 4 cylinder. Plus it got rid of the giant hunk of metal hanging below the rear bumper, which is definitely a win.
I concur.. I like the aFe high tuck for this very reason. Get rid of the damn muffler and tip hanging off the back just looking to get smashed. Not to mention that I also think the aFe sounds the best.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sometimes exhaust take a couple of hundred miles to break in and the tone will get louder
Thanks. Will see over time. Its not bad on the exterior for what the engine is.

Last edited:

Gambitl7

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my Corsa exhaust and it is exactly what I was looking for. Something that provides high clearance, deeper sound, and easy install. I like that I can hear it but it doesn’t get loud enough to be annoying.

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

IMG_5973.jpeg

IMG_5970.jpeg

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted a smoother note and not too much noise, which is why I went with the corsa. my main issue is that I couldn't stand not being able to hear my engine with the manual if I had the radio on.... Also not looking for an overly 4 bangerish note on the bronco... so it was the right choice for me. I haven't heard the Borla so I can't compare but the corsa quality and fitment is top notch.

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AFE Apollo gt high tuck sounds (hard acceleration)
Sponsored