BroncoDonco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands non Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2.3L with the manual trans on the way. I've seen positive reviews on here for the Borla S-Type. I know for the 4 cylinder it will only sound so good, but I like hearing some engine noise and in particular with the manual.

With the top down, and with the soft top in general, do you find the exhaust to be a comfortable loudness level? Think I'd prefer the S-Type, but wondering if the Touring might be better suited.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

BroncoDonco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands non Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did Borla ever sort out their coating issues? I had a Touring and 3 different Type S on my Wrangler and gave up.

The coating would start to peel on each one within months.

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Yeah I saw your thread and that is what’s swaying me towards the Touring.

With your hardtop on, do you think it’s just loud enough from the interior?
I love the sound from the interior. It's exactly what I wanted. I wanted to be able to hear the engine, over light radio sounds. It's exactly what I needed for the manual vs rpm watching

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoDonco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands non Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figured I’d post a follow up. I ended up going with the Borla Touring. I’m pretty happy with it. Think I could have gotten away with the S-Type (was worried about it being too loud given all the other noise associated with a soft top) but I’m happy to not have a loud cold start when I’m out the door early morning like I do with a Borla S on my outgoing car.

The touring exhaust has a solid tone to it, much more pleasant to the ear giving the engine/manual trans a little rev, though the 4 cylinder certainly won’t intimidate anybody ;)

Install wasn’t bad, OEM exhaust came off in a couple minutes. Took some maneuvering to get the new exhaust hung but a relatively easy DIY job. Though good luck getting it mounted without scratching the tips — not a big deal but if I did it again I’d wrap some tape/thin towel on them to prevent scratches during install.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figured I’d post a follow up. I ended up going with the Borla Touring. I’m pretty happy with it. Think I could have gotten away with the S-Type (was worried about it being too loud given all the other noise associated with a soft top) but I’m happy to not have a loud cold start when I’m out the door early morning like I do with a Borla S on my outgoing car.

The touring exhaust has a solid tone to it, much more pleasant to the ear giving the engine/manual trans a little rev, though the 4 cylinder certainly won’t intimidate anybody ;)

Install wasn’t bad, OEM exhaust came off in a couple minutes. Took some maneuvering to get the new exhaust hung but a relatively easy DIY job. Though good luck getting it mounted without scratching the tips — not a big deal but if I did it again I’d wrap some tape/thin towel on them to prevent scratches during install.
I left the foam padding on the tips for the install to protect them. Was an easy install but I needed the assembly to be farther forward to avoid the tips rattling off the metal bumper. Couldn't seem to get it to fit just right. Bought new rubber hangars like mentioned in the previous threads. Hangs a tiny bit lower but doesn't hit. I think if the supplied bracket had a longer rod on it, the stock rubber hangars would work. I may revisit this spring.

I also have the Touring. Just enough to hear yet not obnoxious. Makes shifting easy by ear. Videos are very hard to do. Borla has a good one though that shows the sound differences. They also have a video for the 2.7 available.

Sponsored