Sponsored

Ford Performance by Borla 2.3 high clearance axle back exhaust system installed review

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed my new exhaust earlier this week. I think someone here said it was comparable to Borla's S-type exhaust sound. It is a nice clean rumble, but not overwhelming. Install was fairly straight forward. Sort of. Removing the existing can from the rubber isolators and hangers required some grunting on my part. The clamp between exhaust pipe and can had been spot welded from factory. So, I took a hacksaw blade to saw through the weld. The original rear hanger remains. The instant I put the socket on the nuts and applied pressure, I rounded it. Very soft metal nut, but frozen. Vise grips just chewed/shredded the 2 nuts up. I ended up putting the new hanger over the old hanger on the studs and used Loctite on the new nuts. Tape measured both ends to get distances same from ground.

DSC01124.JPG
Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good. Can you post a sound clip? Do you have drone at high speed ?

OP
OP
Wilbur's son

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks good. Can you post a sound clip? Do you have drone at high speed ?
At the moment I don't have the ability to make a sound clip. At 80mph, I get more wind and road noise, but there is a little tone underneath.
Sponsored