3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The corsa exhaust IMO is the only one that comes close to sounding good on 2.3 but I still don’t see a point in putting an exhaust they all sounds off.
I think this one sounds good irl, I haven’t heard a corsa outside of the video.

The point of putting the exhaust on is to remove the giant stock muffler and to provide some joy in a different sound. Mod did both 👍
Sponsored

OP
OP
3bedrooms

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. I have the Borla S-Type axle-back for my 2.7L and love it. I also struggled a bit getting it installed. The rubber hangers were a bitch to get on/off. I didn't have the right tool, but plenty of lube helped.

Also, getting the pipes parallel was a challenge too, but I ultimately got it. Try twisting/turning the entire assembly where it connects at the factory exhaust outlet. You'll have to re-loosen the connecting nut, but worth a try. My two rubber hangers are crooked from underneath intentionally, but it was necessary to get the pipes parallel.
good info!! Will try this weekend

Bronco Buster Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all! wanted to include some pics and vids of a before and after install of the Borla Touring axle-back exhaust system. I have a 2.3L stick shift Badlands, 2022.

I really wanted to get rid of the giant silver can hanging below the truck, without getting an exhaust sound that was too much for a 2.3L lol. I think it's perfectly that. It sounds aggressive but it's not TOO much. I included a video, but I feel like it's not very accurate in portraying the after sound. It's a much deeper sound than what is captured.

I'm very happy with the note and the new clearance. Strongly recommend.

INSTALL:

did it with my pops, and it was tougher than i expected. I did buy an exhaust hanger tool from amazon which is a must. Penetrating lubricant for the bolts is also a must, even in the 2022. I got the black finish for the exhaust and managed to scratch it to shit, but it's mostly hidden anyways. Some issues with getting the two pipes parallel, and I wasn't able to solve this. I'd say they are off by about a quarter inch.

BEFORE:

IMG_0052.jpeg

DURING:

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

AFTER:

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0057 (1).jpeg

Looks and sounds 👌awesome!!😍

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this one sounds good irl, I haven’t heard a corsa outside of the video.

The point of putting the exhaust on is to remove the giant stock muffler and to provide some joy in a different sound. Mod did both 👍
True you probably are saving so weight on the swap. As long as you like it that’s all that matters. I just think Honda when I here the exhaust on any bronco even onthe 3.0 raptors

Sponsored
OP
OP
3bedrooms

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True you probably are saving so weight on the swap. As long as you like it that’s all that matters. I just think Honda when I here the exhaust on any bronco even onthe 3.0 raptors
i was worried bout that myself but I was pleasantly surprised! I hope you get to hear the Borla touring in person, I feel like it sounds way less Honda and way more diesel. I was legit impressed. The video doesn’t do a good job of capturing the true sound, but I tried to get something up for reference

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i was worried bout that myself but I was pleasantly surprised! I hope you get to hear the Borla touring in person, I feel like it sounds way less Honda and way more diesel. I was legit impressed. The video doesn’t do a good job of capturing the true sound, but I tried to get something up for reference
That would Be great I wished exhausts manufacturers allowed you to try it before purchasing.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the Borla Touring on my 2.3 7spd also. Seems to have gotten a slight bit louder with time. Sounds good and not like some leaf blower.

Had similar issues with alignment. Got it lined up nicely but the tips would rattle off the metal bumper when starting out. Moving the assembly forward a bit would help but the bumper hangar would then be too short. Bought the longer rubber hangars from Amazon. Fixed it somewhat but the tips do sit lower now. Plan to adjust when I get more time. Should fit better without messing for the price.

Didn’t want the Corsa due to the tips hanging so low.

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m experiencing the same with the tips being uneven. Passenger side sits half an inch lower and it drives me nuts.

should I just bend the passenger side hanger tube so i becomes a slight triangle?

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m experiencing the same with the tips being even. Passenger side sits half an inch lower and it drives me nuts.

should I just bend the passenger side hanger tube so i becomes a slight triangle?
By tube I mean the support metal thing

Sponsored

Iconic Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Everglades, ‘18 F150 SE, ‘00 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks and sounds great! Borla has a great product...I have an atak system on my V8 F150 and love it.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By tube I mean the support metal thing
This is a known issue with the product, and I heard Borla is aware. I experienced it too, and was able to fix it. Try twisting/turning the entire assembly where it connects at the factory exhaust outlet. You'll have to re-loosen the connecting nut, but worth a try. My two rubber hangers are crooked from underneath intentionally, but it was necessary to get the pipes parallel.

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll give it a try!

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all! wanted to include some pics and vids of a before and after install of the Borla Touring axle-back exhaust system. I have a 2.3L stick shift Badlands, 2022.

I really wanted to get rid of the giant silver can hanging below the truck, without getting an exhaust sound that was too much for a 2.3L lol. I think it's perfectly that. It sounds aggressive but it's not TOO much. I included a video, but I feel like it's not very accurate in portraying the after sound. It's a much deeper sound than what is captured.

I'm very happy with the note and the new clearance. Strongly recommend.

INSTALL:

did it with my pops, and it was tougher than i expected. I did buy an exhaust hanger tool from amazon which is a must. Penetrating lubricant for the bolts is also a must, even in the 2022. I got the black finish for the exhaust and managed to scratch it to shit, but it's mostly hidden anyways. Some issues with getting the two pipes parallel, and I wasn't able to solve this. I'd say they are off by about a quarter inch.

BEFORE:

IMG_0052.jpeg

DURING:

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

AFTER:

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0057 (1).jpeg

Looks nice...I found a couple of rattle can flat black hi temp in my stash. I think I'll crawl under and throw a couple of coats on my Bronco exhaust. Save me about $1200
Paul
Sponsored