3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all! wanted to include some pics and vids of a before and after install of the Borla Touring axle-back exhaust system. I have a 2.3L stick shift Badlands, 2022.

I really wanted to get rid of the giant silver can hanging below the truck, without getting an exhaust sound that was too much for a 2.3L lol. I think it's perfectly that. It sounds aggressive but it's not TOO much. I included a video, but I feel like it's not very accurate in portraying the after sound. It's a much deeper sound than what is captured.

I'm very happy with the note and the new clearance. Strongly recommend.

INSTALL:

did it with my pops, and it was tougher than i expected. I did buy an exhaust hanger tool from amazon which is a must. Penetrating lubricant for the bolts is also a must, even in the 2022. I got the black finish for the exhaust and managed to scratch it to shit, but it's mostly hidden anyways. Some issues with getting the two pipes parallel, and I wasn't able to solve this. I'd say they are off by about a quarter inch.

BEFORE:

Ford Bronco Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust Install on a 2.3L Manual IMG_0052

DURING:

Ford Bronco Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust Install on a 2.3L Manual IMG_0053

Ford Bronco Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust Install on a 2.3L Manual IMG_0054

AFTER:

Ford Bronco Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust Install on a 2.3L Manual IMG_0055

Ford Bronco Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust Install on a 2.3L Manual IMG_0057 (1)

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been looking for something like this. Link please?

BTW love your camping trailer.

Edit: suppose I can do the search… thanks for posting.

OP
OP
3bedrooms

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds good. Looks good. Good work!

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a group member at Merus couple weeks back that had the Borla on a 2.7 and he was in front of me; thought it sounded awesome! But of course wondered what it'd sound like on the 2.3. I like it! Thanks for sharing.

Now to rob the leprechaun of his gold to pay for it...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like a grizzled fart. Which is really as good as you can get with an inline-4. I like how the exhaust color and placement hide it a bit. Looks very clean. Thanks for sharing. (y)

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all! wanted to include some pics and vids of a before and after install of the Borla Touring axle-back exhaust system. I have a 2.3L stick shift Badlands, 2022.

I really wanted to get rid of the giant silver can hanging below the truck, without getting an exhaust sound that was too much for a 2.3L lol. I think it's perfectly that. It sounds aggressive but it's not TOO much. I included a video, but I feel like it's not very accurate in portraying the after sound. It's a much deeper sound than what is captured.

I'm very happy with the note and the new clearance. Strongly recommend.

INSTALL:

did it with my pops, and it was tougher than i expected. I did buy an exhaust hanger tool from amazon which is a must. Penetrating lubricant for the bolts is also a must, even in the 2022. I got the black finish for the exhaust and managed to scratch it to shit, but it's mostly hidden anyways. Some issues with getting the two pipes parallel, and I wasn't able to solve this. I'd say they are off by about a quarter inch.

Ummmm I'm more interested in your camping trailer .... Is that the one that can float? how much do you want for it?

OP
OP
3bedrooms

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ummmm I'm more interested in your camping trailer .... Is that the one that can float? how much do you want for it?
hahaha, it does allegedly float. Never been tested on our end.

I don’t think he’s wanting to let it go, I’ll ask him tho!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a grizzled fart. Which is really as good as you can get with an inline-4. I like how the exhaust color and placement hide it a bit. Looks very clean. Thanks for sharing. (y)
You can get it to sound more diesel-y and that is probably the best a four-cylinder engine can ever sound. I would buy a silencer for the engine if Ford's hypothalamus-free gauge design team could either open up the interface for skinning, etc. or switch the input argument for the dial speedometer to the engine RPMs.

Sponsored

Loughmasta

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did the same but with the S-type. Some don’t like the sound of a 4banger but I would rather have a MT than a v6 with an automatic.

Erniep27

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds and looks great! I myself have a 2.3L 6speed and went with the Flowmaster FX Axle back. I love hearing the cold start in the morning 😁

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It actually sounds pretty good, may have to get one myself

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The corsa exhaust IMO is the only one that comes close to sounding good on 2.3 but I still don’t see a point in putting an exhaust they all sounds off.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. I have the Borla S-Type axle-back for my 2.7L and love it. I also struggled a bit getting it installed. The rubber hangers were a bitch to get on/off. I didn't have the right tool, but plenty of lube helped.

Also, getting the pipes parallel was a challenge too, but I ultimately got it. Try twisting/turning the entire assembly where it connects at the factory exhaust outlet. You'll have to re-loosen the connecting nut, but worth a try. My two rubber hangers are crooked from underneath intentionally, but it was necessary to get the pipes parallel.
Sponsored