BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

You have 5 people in your family, however the Bronco has 4 seat belts ...I believe.
The 4 door definitely has 5 seat belts, just like a 4 door Wrangler. However, the Bronco has been determined to not meet my needs unfortunately.

I wanted to add the real world example of a trailer overpowering a tow vehicle for anyone whom may come across this thread in the future. If this can happen on Florida where there is little to no elevation then I could not imagine when going through the mountains.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
The 4 door definitely has 5 seat belts, just like a 4 door Wrangler. However, the Bronco has been determined to not meet my needs unfortunately.

I wanted to add the real world example of a trailer overpowering a tow vehicle for anyone whom may come across this thread in the future. If this can happen on Florida where there is little to no elevation then I could not imagine when going through the mountains.
You're absolutely right. This whole time I thought the 4 door had just 4 belts and it does, in fact, have 5.

Also a good warning to not push the weight limits. That pic got my attention!

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
I don't think you'll be happy with the Bronco as a family hauler or towing that large camper. If you can afford the extra vehicle, I'd keep the F150. I am close to being an empty nester, so the Bronco is downsizing for me.

OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

I just caught a glimpse of the payload sticker in another thread. 816 pounds! Granted it is from a two door, no idea what the four door will be? 816 seems light though. Two adult men, a winch and a cooler might be pushing it.

I have learned quite a lot over the last few weeks. I took my F150 and pop up over the cat scale with an extremely light load for a 1 night trip. I weighed in at 90 pounds under my max payload of 1,576. So I have taken a complete 180 from counting down the days to Bronco ownership to now contemplating a F250 for its 3,000+ pound payload.

1605890984687__01.png

Advertisement

Advertisement