Brake issue w/ Video

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I leave my driveway and come to a complete stop, my Bronco will then creep forward another 4-6” before it suddenly stops again. It doesn’t matter how hard I apply the brakes, it still creeps forward. My driveway is showing 8 degrees downward. I have a Badlands with 35” tires. I feel this is a safety concern as when off roading steep grades, I don’t want to continue to move when I’m trying to stop. Anyone else have this issue? TIA
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which engine and trans?

My 2.3 manual doesn't have the issue so far.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I leave my driveway and come to a complete stop, my Bronco will then creep forward another 4-6” before it suddenly stops again. It doesn’t matter how hard I apply the brakes, it still creeps forward. My driveway is showing 8 degrees downward. I have a Badlands with 35” tires. I feel this is a safety concern as when off roading steep grades, I don’t want to continue to move when I’m trying to stop. Anyone else have this issue? TIA
2021 2.7/auto here. 14k miles. never had that happen & never heard that complaint before. Might be ABS related. Sounds like it is time for an appointment at your local dealer.

I would ask to take someone for a test drive with you so you can duplicate the problem and show them what you are talking about.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been other complaints about this. Have you searched other threads? One of them included a video.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been other complaints about this. Have you searched other threads? One of them included a video.
I’m not finding anything about brake creeping in the search

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just took my wife’s 2022 Black Diamond 4 dr with 2.7/auto and it does the exact same thing coming out of my driveway. She has my take off wheels/tires from my Badlands, so she’s running the 33” tires

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do your feet reach the brake pedal? It's a thing where vertically challenged people can't see over the steering wheel AND safely reach the brake pedal to apply enough pedal pressure.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do your feet reach the brake pedal? It's a thing where vertically challenged people can't see over the steering wheel AND safely reach the brake pedal to apply enough pedal pressure.
I’m 5’9”, I have no problem reaching the pedal or even the floor. LMAO. Once it starts to move again after the initial stop, I am hard on the brakes but it still creeps forward about 4-6”. I’ve only noticed it coming out of my driveway which is 8 degrees. But if I’m behind someone coming to a stop on a steeper down grade, I’m not sure the Bronco will stop.
I have a 69 Bronco restored with manual drums all the way around and 31” tires and it stops fine at the bottom of my driveway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figures. I had my wife take a video and it only creeped about an inch with Brake fully applied

Last edited:

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There was another guy with a similar issue on a sloped driveway. Unfortunately I don't remember the resolution to that one, but good luck finding it. Try searching in Google rather than using the site search function- Google will most likely produce results almost exclusively from B6G. Search on here is basically useless.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Jim! I can look into your Bronco's acceleration concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored