William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Let’s be honest guys, the cool, bright colors don’t sell. They sell bland colors because most people are, well, bland.
I know there's a spreadsheet out there from all the early reservations but below was a poll from 2020 and black/white/silver combined was only 14.6%, if you add in the two "grays" (24.8%) you only had 39.4% of bland colors (sorry guys, but it's true!).

It's the dealer ordered, run of the mill cars that are on the dealer lots that are the same black and white variations, I'd bet that most that order their vehicle choose a much brighter color!

Ford Bronco Brighter color choices? 1711737782571-24
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there's a spreadsheet out there from all the early reservations but below was a poll from 2020 and black/white/silver combined was only 14.6%, if you add in the two "grays" (24.8%) you only had 39.4% of bland colors (sorry guys, but it's true!).

It's the dealer ordered, run of the mill cars that are on the dealer lots that are the same black and white variations, I'd bet that most that order their vehicle choose a much brighter color!

1711737782571-24.png
Well, since you insist on mathing things, the discussion has been on bright, yes, but also critical of bland. Technically a gray can be a lighter shade, but still bland and boring.

Case in point is Area 51 which skews the numbers of “bright” I did consider it in an effort to hide scratches. My green has a big pin stripe down the passenger side from a branch on a tight trail in NC. I don’t care, but many would.

Area 51 is bland as hell and everywhere, yet it’s a brighter shade.

Code orange is both bright and not boring. I don’t care for flashy, just more about interesting. Green is interestng and has always looked good on an off-roader, but I off-road. Not sure it’s a city or mall crawl color.

Also, dealers order what will sell and since most people are bland, they order bland cars to sell to bland people.

Those who order a car are more enthusiasts; thus the more interesting colors since these are more interesting customers.

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone else tired of the grays and bland colors?

Id be at my dealer ASAP pre ordering if they brought back something like the Bold Orange from '74. A Heritage done like this would be killer.

It's why I went with cyber orange. Dodge calls them impact colors and Dodge has done great with that concept. Ford should do the same with the Bronco...even a limited run of colors; desert tan, orange, lime green, purple, another yellow, different shade of red and blue, my Charger is a copper metalflake orange pearl (would look great on a Bronco)...heck even pink (do a run of 300-500 or so. It would harm nothing and maybe even create some sales! @Ford Motor Company

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they not like them or is it "but muh resale"?

Typical outing for me. One of these things is not like the others. I almost went for CO but the upcharge was the deciding factor. Had to have something brighter though.

Perfect example. Great looking brighter blue, but majority likes the let’s say less noticeable shades.

Peepers

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a 94" Ranger 4x4 in Calypso Green and I really liked that color. I have a black OB now and was thinking about getting it pinstriped in the Calypso Green. I think it would offset pretty good.

Sponsored

PPJJFF

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and BMW 428I
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford got rid of Antimatter Blue and Rapid Red A few years back. Two great colors on the Bronco. The color line-up is weak.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted a real orange, or even burnt orange. Cyber was yellow to me, so I went with my second choice Velocity Blue. I placed my order 2/2/21 so the only other option was Race Red.

I have 2 white trucks, 3 gold cars, 2 red and 1 gray SUV's a and I wanted the Bronco to be bright and fun, for the type of vehicle it is.

I always loved Velocity Blue on other Fords, so it just worked out perfectly.

Ford Bronco Brighter color choices? 20230617_203549

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was all in on Rapid Red before it got dropped for the glitter reds which look very teenage, second choice was what my family called "old man green", sucks that orange got locked into Braptor, and Sand into the Glades. Top choices for new would be KTM orange and Daytona blue. Scrap the glitter reds and Corolla blues.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Original line up -

Ford Bronco Brighter color choices? IMG_7699

when I got pushed to a '22 I almost switched to Green but couldn't do it.

I wanted this the first time I saw it!

Ford Bronco Brighter color choices? 1711996593941-f6

Coachtroy20

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If my counting is correct we’ve had 3 versions of grey and 3 versions of red plus white and black. I’m hoping ford can find it in their hearts to one day offer a real orange. Heck, even one of my neighbors owns a lime green maverick. I don’t understand why they don’t upcharge for some “high impact” colors. The enthusiasts would be willing to pay.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If my counting is correct we’ve had 3 versions of grey and 3 versions of red plus white and black. I’m hoping ford can find it in their hearts to one day offer a real orange. Heck, even one of my neighbors owns a lime green maverick. I don’t understand why they don’t upcharge for some “high impact” colors. The enthusiasts would be willing to pay.
4 Blues (5 if counting antimatter black)(6 if you take in account, they renamed Area 51), and 1 orange (only offered on the Brapter).

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Brighter color choices? 1711996593941-f6
I remember this poll when waiting for my Velocity Blue to arrive. I thought that most people like the dull, boring colors, and the take rate on them has not changed. I barely see a bright colored Bronco and the biggest surprise is how many people say to me how much they love the color.
Sponsored