Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do you think that? It's been shown on several Broncos without Lux.

I'm getting Lux and would love for that to be true, but I don't think it is.
Because with the power ports on the dash the rail makes sense (LUX pkg). The others seen I think they've just added it on.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Accesory Rail.jpg

I'm not so sure it is based on Picatinny design. This version seems to be a different approach. The aftermarket may well have something, it all depends on the mounting point on the dash - if it is present without the rail or if the dash plate is a blank.
This is a *very* early prototype which they abandoned for the straight cheese grater picatinny standard.

Also, this one looked like it even had M-loc...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because with the power ports on the dash the rail makes sense (LUX pkg). The others seen I think they've just added it on.
I'm just saying it'll eventually be an option on all trims. There''s been nothing from Ford to indicate it's part of the Lux package.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just saying it'll eventually be an option on all trims. There''s been nothing from Ford to indicate it's part of the Lux package.
Agreed, but I'm saying, it will be there if you get the LUX now IMO.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's the case, you would think Ford would've mentioned it at least once over the last 7 months.
Neh...Ford not having the info nailed down in 7 months..no way.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure the aftermarket will have a better rail, it is just a Picatinny setup. Comes as part of the lux pkg when addition ports are added to the dash.
Is it part of Lux? The slide out tailgate was mentioned as a late availability. The BYOD has literally disappeared from Ford. Try to find it, pictures and all mention of it seem to have disappeared.

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a *very* early prototype which they abandoned for the straight cheese grater picatinny standard.

Also, this one looked like it even had M-loc...
Source? Or pure speculation?

At around 4:33 in the Bronco Nation video below (which is only a week old), the guy says "Since this isn't one of the higher interior packages, you don't have the power port up here (the dash) with the bring your own device rail."

So, it's still on someone's radar! lol. Could have sworn in that hour long live Q&A of this same Bronco, the Bronco Nation crew said it came with the lux package. But certainly am confused as no documentation in the ordering guide or B&P include such information.

I forgot about the mention by Bronco Nation in that video but Ford has still pulled all reference to it.

Can anyone find an actual Ford reference to this besides the release video and things immediately after release? That is my bigger reason for thinking it has been cancelled without telling people. Also why I really started this string was to see if everything else is speculation or did I miss somewhere it is still mentioned by Ford.

It could be Bronco Nation knows it is still coming but didn't mention late availability. But they did mention late availability with the slide out tailgate.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Conspiracy theory ahead!

Could Ford have pulled the Pic rail because of the broad understanding that it relates to guns?

End of conspiracy theory

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot about the mention by Bronco Nation in that video but Ford has still pulled all reference to it.

Can anyone find an actual Ford reference to this besides the release video and things immediately after release? That is my bigger reason for thinking it has been cancelled without telling people. Also why I really started this string was to see if everything else is speculation or did I miss somewhere it is still mentioned by Ford.

It could be Bronco Nation knows it is still coming but didn't mention late availability. But they did mention late availability with the slide out tailgate.
Sigh... I'll do the forum searching to see if I can find this information/source I was repeating....

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sigh... I'll do the forum searching to see if I can find this information/source I was repeating....
Zach this was just posted so this settles the question. Or at least for for now, we will see by MY21.

So there has been speculation that the rail may be gone all together or part of a package. So I asked and got the very typical “more to come” response but I think the positive take away is that the rail is still coming and that it is for sure supposed to be picatinny sizing.

92EE8D62-D117-4BB7-86AF-E949E71861FC.jpeg
Thank you Aaron

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of those items FORD bragged about and "poof".....it disappeared.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach this was just posted so this settles the question. Or at least for for now, we will see by MY21.
Just to followup.

The Mlok version was a 3d printed bar on the original reveal broncos. Judging by the clamps they used it seemed to be an obvious Picatinny rail, but there wasn't an mention from Ford about specific spec.

At the NYSE reveal in August, we got a close up look of a more finished rail and it had transformed into the cheese grater Picatinny spec.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t-nyse-aug-17-pics-video-q-a.3993/post-132505

I thought there was a conversation with a Ford rep who stated this version was where it was developing into.. and there was some theorizing that Ford didn't want to license MLok... and considering Picatinny is open spec, it would make sense for them to just go with that.

Either way, I couldn't quickly find the reference to that conversation, so either I can't find it or it never actually happened... and as you posted, Mike Levine tweeted that more information is coming.

I can't imagine they are abandoning this idea... I suspect it's more an issue about licensing or liability, etc... and considering what's available for the Jeep aftermarket, it's just a matter of time we have something similar for the Bronco.

Pic provided as an example of the janky oversized "solutions" on the Jeep side...

Ford Bronco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.56.56
Sponsored

Last edited: