First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Over 160 6G Broncos went up for sale on BAT in 2022 - interesting the people will finally get their truck only to flip it for a few bucks 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Over 160 6G Broncos went up for sale on BAT in 2022 - interesting the people will finally get their truck only to flip it for a few bucks 🤷🏼‍♂️
That's because they ONLY bought one to flip. Owning one was never on their radar. They were never waiting on their vehicle, only a payday.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wasn’t 2022 production around 135,000?
160 flipped on BAT is 0.1% if I can math at midnight.. they aren’t the ones driving the prices up

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back in October 2021 I had my 2021 4 door sasquatched base 2.7 just a little over a month and I checked one of the car buying sites. They offered me 58K for what cost me 42K (all in tax title license). I thought about it but didn't do it. There's still a small part of me that wishes I would have but a bigger part of me is glad I didn't. The 2021 Bronco has been a excellent vehicle so far and is still a ton of fun as my daily driver.

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After taking into account tax & licensing, (unless they are getting them for a lot less than MSRP), there isn’t much fat left over for many of these sellers.

Surprising for me is many are bought for $5-10K over MSRP by a Dealer. After shipping and mark up, his customer must be paying a fortune.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After taking into account tax & licensing, (unless they are getting them for a lot less than MSRP), there isn’t much fat left over for many of these sellers.

Surprising for me is many are bought for $5-10K over MSRP by a Dealer. After shipping and mark up, his customer must be paying a fortune.
There is a buyer on BAT who bought about 30 of them in 2022. He’s buying up nearly all of the Raptor Broncos. I suspect they are all headed to the Middle East or Mexico.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's because they ONLY bought one to flip. Owning one was never on their radar. They were never waiting on their vehicle, only a payday.
Not necessarily. Orders are cancelled for all sorts of individual reasons. Could be change in financial or family situations.
I got razzed because I was considering flipping one. I ordered a Badlands/High/nonSas in November in 2021, and was willing to simply wait. Then 1) I turned 75, and got impatient; 2) my then-current ride got $eriou$ problems and needed replacing, and 3) another dealer informed me of a cancelled order for a Badlands/Lux/Sas but at an obscene markup (May 2022). After a bit of haggling, I took the 2nd dealer's BL at an almost-obscene markup. I simply wanted it for summer 2022 traveling.
Bronco #1 was delivered in November 2022. I considered flipping it. After playing with the numbers, and considering that increased supply was meeting reduced demand (more order cancellations), I figured I'd be able to flip it for $5K profit--if that. So I simply cancelled the order and got my deposit back. Had I known Ford would delay orders for MY 2023, I might have decided to flip it after all.
I sure got some negative posts while I was thinking it through! But I have a great truck, took it out to West Virginia and Utah, am fixing it up with more off-road accessories, and am very happy with my situation. This year it will be Badlands SD, Montana, and Yellowstone.

I'm sure there are some who are in it purely for the profit. But I think the situation is much more varied than you think.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Flipping BRaptors still has the potential for a profit. Regular Broncos the margins have to be getting thin. Although, if the order banks really do not open until 2024 that could drive prices back up.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs